What's new

Mortal Kombat also at Youmacon Battle Opera in Detroit, Michigan This Weekend

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With all of the excitement that will strike Dallas, Texas this weekend we must not forget about Youmacon Battle Opera that is also taking place during the same time in Detroit, Michigan. Within their array of fighting games, Mortal Kombat will be played and streamed courtesy of Bifuteki. As of now, we are unsure of who all will be making it to Youmacon but you can rest assured players are likely to come out of the woodwork of the surrounding area and those who simply could not make it to Dallas.

Check out the trailer and tournament schedule below!

youmacon1.png
youslide.png

Source: Youmacon.com

Attachments

Espio

Kokomo
Aw really?

My friend wants me to go but Idk haha
I'd rather watch MLG
You get to be graced by my glorious presence if you do ;_;. If you can make it, that would be awesome :).

I wanted to watch MLG too, especially since so many friends are competing, but Michigan almost never has Mortal Kombat events like this so I can catch most of MLG and still make it.

Espio

Kokomo
Dang...it's $40 at the door lol and pre-reg is closed :(. Your badge is only good for one day....yuck lol.

Any word on who else is going?

Espio

Kokomo
I can't imagine there being a big turnout :/
Meh Idk!
Probably not given the circumstances and the fact that nobody knew about this.

It says $40 bucks for the venue fee Saturday and $20 for Sunday...why does the pass not cover all three days ;_;.

Maybe it will be done on Saturday with the small turnout? One can only hope.

Espio

Kokomo
STB Espio ... You going to this?
I don't even know where I'm supposed to go, the website isn't as clear as I was hoping it would be, I'm a bit confused STORMS anymore info available?

I don't know whether the event is at the Marriott or Kobo Hall...so I'm completely dumbfounded or if they're connected...I've never been to this place lol.

If I can figure out everything, I'll go, I juat don't wanna spend the money and nobody shows up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't even know where I'm supposed to go, the website isn't as clear as I was hoping it would be, I'm a bit confused STORMS anymore info available?

I don't know whether the event is at the Marriott or Kobo Hall...so I'm completely dumbfounded or if they're connected...I've never been to this place lol.

If I can figure out everything, I'll go, I juat don't wanna spend the money and nobody shows up.
But, if no one shows up (lbsh, there will be a few just bc other games are there) ... You'll win! XD

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

It's at the Marriot via this link (the blue flame) https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208156445274044923154.0004c92563eade1d3ca4f&msa=0&ll=42.32935,-83.040129&spn=0.001386,0.00327

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I wish I would've saw this before hand. I would've helped out whoever was going. Regardless, I had a blast there. Would've preferred going to MLG though.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
How was the turnout? Tournament?

It was like 13-18 people. That's just rough math as I wasn't counting. I won 74 bucks for first and it was 10 bucks per person (It was either 70-20-10 or 60-25-15 or something, I can't remember).