What's new

Mortal Kombat 2011 (MK9) Game Flaws List

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The purpose of this thread is to make a list of game breaking issues that should be avoided in future games.
Please do not make joke posts in here such as "Kabal is a game flaw" or such.
Please do not make angry posts in here.
Please do not discuss one another's lists.

I'll be updating the first post every week hoping to get a good picture about issues that need to be avoided in future games.

Game Flaw: Kabal.
Reasoning: Enenra has a sense of humour. Well no. But that's beside the point.

Game Flaw: Block-advantageous moves
Reasoning: Why should I be punished for defending? I'm not sure how many frames it is to release block but even Zero on block means advantage because of the fact that you do take frames to unblock.

Game Flaw: Moves inconsistency
Reasoning: Several specials in the game recover way faster than they should, while mundane normals have horrible recovery even if they otherwise do not lead to full combos anywhere near the specials.

Game Flaw: "Resets"
Reasoning: Everybody or nobody, really. Either make it a "who infinites one another faster" or make sure it doesn't happen at all.

London Lust

Lagleena Player
I don't see how block advantage is a flaw, because a lot of the moves that are + on block are either really slow or cost meter.

Every fighting game to date has move that are + on block deal with it! Why would every move leave the attacker - on block? That would encourage turtling, and most developers make mechanics to stop turtling. The good thing is most of a characters moveset is either - or neutral on block.

Idk what you mean? Care to elaborate?

Resets are in most fighting games, and aren't really considered broken because they are not inescapable.

GLoRToR

ragnar0kz28

Kombatant
Id say besides this crazy glitch, this game is all around 8 characters that are worth using rest are not viable, BALANCE, like they did whit SSF4AE or KOF13 so many characters are good or viable, I hope they patch this game 1 more time after injustice comes out, but if not, BALANCE should be a good fact to start for MK10.
Resets/Infinites those are not ment to be in game.
Other than that this games engine is amazing, meeter management, the way its played, its all cool, hope they make mk10 whit this same engine.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Game Flaw: Armored Launchers - An armored move should not act as a combo starter unless it's like Sheeva's low grab, which can only be done under specific circumstances. This is stupid design. The purpose of an armored move should ONLY be to escape pressure, not to make an opponent fear touching your character at all because of a 40% follow up after armor. In Sonya and Kabal's case, they have safe and cancel-able armored launches, respectively. That's bullshit.

Game Flaw: Quan Chi - I'm not joking. This character is horribly designed. Breaks the rules of the game with his Rune Traps, but would be complete ass without them.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Game Flaw: Armored Launchers - An armored move should not act as a combo starter unless it's like Sheeva's low grab, which can only be done under specific circumstances. This is stupid design. The purpose of an armored move should ONLY be to escape pressure, not to make an opponent fear touching your character at all because of a 40% follow up after armor. In Sonya and Kabal's case, they have safe and cancel-able armored launches, respectively. That's bullshit.

Game Flaw: Quan Chi - I'm not joking. This character is horribly designed. Breaks the rules of the game with his Rune Traps, but would be complete ass without them.
Rain definitely needs his armored kombo starters. It's his very design, and makes him a hell of a lot of fun.

Kabal's ex nomad dash though? lolno

Espio

Kokomo
Better balance and fixing unintentional things that shouldn't be in a game is not a bad idea.

Of course, MK fixing its problems wouldn't make it like Street Fighter as some are saying anyway, it would still have its own identity.

KL's spin is the most OP move in the game. Cyrax's resets. Kabal in general. Armor in general. Man, I could list way too many things about this game.