What's new

Mortal Kombat (2011) Matchup Chart

Just fought a bad ass kenshi tonight, I forgot his name, but it was the same result. In order for this to be even, the kenshi player need professional athlete reflexes while the sektor player does not. Flame thrower negates his favorable half screen distance.

Also what I mean by one trick pony is that the only real way for kenshi to do damage and build meter from a distance is TKS since ill be launching upmissiles and front upmissiles that can't be reflected. Meter building is completely in Sektors favor. I firmly believe this matchup to be 6-4.
You keep saying the up missiles can't be reflected, but that doesn't mean that reflect won't work on them, it just means they don't get knocked back at Sektor. Kenshi can easily build a ton of meter this way.

It's also worth noting that one ex spirit charge/tk flurry/tk slash will knock Sektor down from most anywhere on screen and give Kenshi time to take the momentum from the zoning war.

Robotic

Gentleman.
You keep saying the up missiles can't be reflected, but that doesn't mean that reflect won't work on them, it just means they don't get knocked back at Sektor. Kenshi can easily build a ton of meter this way.

It's also worth noting that one ex spirit charge/tk flurry/tk slash will knock Sektor down from most anywhere on screen and give Kenshi time to take the momentum from the zoning war.
Front upmissile baits Kenshi just like it baits NW, trust me. He pulls reflect, I IATU for full combo. Bottom line, Kenshi is nervous full screen from all the options Sektor has. This will curtail his want to reflect since he's unsure what upmissile is coming - and little to no reflect negates your meter building from this move - leaving you right back at square one with TKS. I can only speak from my experience playing Kenshis, but as I said, all Kenshi's I've played have trouble in this matchup.

I respect your opinion on this matchup, make no mistake.

Front upmissile baits Kenshi just like it baits NW, trust me. He pulls reflect, I IATU for full combo. Bottom line, Kenshi is nervous full screen from all the options Sektor has. This will curtail his want to reflect since he's unsure what upmissile is coming - and little to no reflect negates your meter building from this move - leaving you right back at square one with TKS. I can only speak from my experience playing Kenshis, but as I said, all Kenshi's I've played have trouble in this matchup.

I respect your opinion on this matchup, make no mistake.
Yeah, definitely no hard feelings about our difference of opinion. Experience is always subjective. At the very least, I think this speaks to the matchup being relatively close. I think a good Kenshi will play in that 2/3 to 3/4 screen range I talked about, opening up his options and giving him an advantage, but you've had different experiences. I'm fine with that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So, the patch has been out for more than a couple of days on the X-Box 360. Does anybody want to report any significant differences in match ups?

Here are my first impressions, which are more theory than practice at the moment. Here is my very early post-patch top 5 character tier list.

1. Kabal - no significant buffs or nerfs, which makes him the best if you understand how good he was pre-patch.

2. Sub Zero - a lot of his bad match ups have been eliminted thanks to EX slide and 10 more freezing frames on the iceball.

3. Cyrax - still the most damaging output in the game. Trading with the net leads to 50% damaging combos.

4. Liu Kang - when top tier characters get toned down, solid high mid tier characters move up. Liu Kang fits said description perfectly.

5. Reptile - his strengths should remain unchanged

Characters to keep an eye on. My comments on several characters.

Baraka - he has received significant buffs. Will anybody have success with him in tournaments?

Freddy Krueger - projectile immunity glitch is gone, so Freddy is officially tournament legal. Being a primarily zoning character, we will see if anybody can play effectively with him despite his damage reduction across the board.

Jax - REO claims Jax is more popular than ever in New York. I wonder what CD Jr. and others can do with the additional buffs.

Kano - He has received some interesting buffs that should propel him to high mid tier status.

Kung Lao - I am very curious about Kung Lao. Do the buffs make up for the nerfs? Only Perfect Legend can answer that question if he still intends to use him.

Mileena - no significant buffs or nerfs, so she should be a high mid tier character at the very worst.

Nightwolf - His situation is similar to Liu Kang's, but Liu Kang is probably in a better position than Nightwolf because of his versatility.

Noob Saibot - because the shadow tackle (d,f+3) hits as an overhead, his gameplay changes severely. As a Noob player, I think he may be a solid high mid tier character.

Raiden - how much difference do those 2 added frames on the teleport make exactly?

Rain - this character should be even better now because of the nerfs to some of the top tier characters.

Sindel / Stryker - both were horrendous characters. I have to think that they are somewhat viable now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is the first time in the game's life span that I can say Idk where the hell anyone falls anymore.

This is the first time in the game's life span that I can say Idk where the hell anyone falls anymore.
This is exactly how I feel lol. The top 5 are a little more obvious. Probably still Raiden, Kabal, Reptile and maybe Freddy instead of Kung Lao/Cyrax.

But every other tier below I feel is very debatable.