What's new

Mortal Kombat 2 at East Coast Throwdown 3

Noob
Ok MK2 heads, you asked for it, and you got it.

MK2 at ECT3!!!

We need to have 10 players to run it, so make sure you sign up!

STORMS has volunteered to bring a 19" CRT and his PS3 w/MK2 on it for this event.

Signups here: MK2 will have a $5 entry fee

1. 9.95
2. AC1984
3. MIKECALDWELL
4. David Gem
5. Billy Bats1427

Sign me up. What day would mk2 be played and would there be plenty of casuals? I've got a long drive, and I dont know if I want to go just for a short 10 man tourney, but the casuals would make it worth it to me.

I'm interested in going, but I need some feedback as to transportation, whether or not MK2 will actually be played, and who is going. I have an idea of some of the people who may be going, but then again, its not 100% clear yet... I hope to go, and I would definitely be interested in facing you guys...

ZAQ said:
MK2 is being played. Read this thread, twitter, or the front page of this site.
Hey thanks ZAQ, but thats not what I meant, let me clarify. What I meant was, are there really gonna be enough people joining in to get MK2 going. I mean, isn't there like a specific number of people that need to join in order for a specific game to be played? Because, what if only 7 people sign up, will it happen with 7 people?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
ZAQ said:
There needs to be 10. There are plenty of people that will join if there aren't 10, but anyone that wants to join the tournament should sign up now. 9.95 isn't a MK2 player, he signed up to support your guys so you have a tournament to play in.

They are doing this for you guys, so if you want to play MK2 in an offline tournament, then sign up and it will be hosted.
This. Not to take anything away from the rest of the group, but when I went to Winter Brawl earlier this year, there were probably 5 major players (out of 18) who could compete for the crown. Everyone else was showing support for the game which I thought was simply amazing. It made me realize how tight of a community the offline scene really is. People will signup for this thing, have no fears.

ZAQ said:
9.95 isn't a MK2 player, he signed up to support your guys so you have a tournament to play in.
I'll probably do the same thing for UMK3 even though I haven't played it since the arcade days. What day will the mk2 tourney be on, and will mk2 casuals be played throughout the weekend or just on the tournament day?

Noob
Hey guys, here's a few answers:

1. MK2 will most likely be set up all weekend for casuals, as will UMK3... it's all dependent on the space we have.

2. The official MK2 tournament will be run on Sunday, 6/26 and will be played on PS3

3. There will definitely be enough players... here's a tentative list:

1. 9.95
2. AC1984
3. MIKECALDWELL
4. Summ0ning
5. Shock
6. Dark Rob
7. REO
8. DanCock
9. Kazi
10. Steve N.

people in question, but should round out the tournament if they come:

11. Dookiebrain
12. David Gem
13. btbb99
14. Riu48
15. Comeback
16. Billy_Bats1427

This all sounds great, but I have the most important question of all. Does the hotel have a bar? lol. No seriously. I love drunken kombat.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Hmm. Maybe one day, after my Afghanistan stuff is done, I could bring all my MK cabs out to this event and we could all "Throw Down" the way MK was meant to be played. Shoulder to shoulder in heated Kombat. I'm totally serious. Just rent a Uhaul and load 'em up. It's a whole different ball game when you are standing right next to someone and can look down and see their joystick movements and anticipate their next assault.

Good idea?

MIKECALDWELL said:
I love drunken kombat.

No Mike, "Bo Rai Cho" is not a character in MK2.

David Gem said:
Hey, I just wanna make it clear, I think me and Dookie are gonna be there for sure.
David, Aren't you a writer? You THINK that you and Dookie will be there FOR SURE? Kind of a double negative isn't it? I'm just messin with you. Hope to see u there.

Noob
David Gem said:
Hey, I just wanna make it clear, I think me and Dookie are gonna be there for sure.
David, any confirmation on this? Let me know.. I think we're gonna have a decent MK2 turnout again. Any word on btbb? Brian, where are you?!?

David Gem

Banned
Dookie told me he can't make it. Pfffff. I think I can hop on the NJ transit to get there. And I may be able to do so along with Billy Bats. Also, I think Brian may not be coming either (though he wasn't 100% on that yet).

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
MIKECALDWELL said:
Sorry guys, but work is really hectic right now, so I won't be able to make it.
I guess this means David is the only confirmed PSNer at this moment?

btbb99

Noob
i am really going to try to make it fellas, i need a babysitter and i will be there. billy bats told me he will be there, does anybody know if this will be streamed?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
btbb99 said:
i am really going to try to make it fellas, i need a babysitter and i will be there. billy bats told me he will be there, does anybody know if this will be streamed?
The tourney will be streamed.

David Gem

Banned
Hey, shoutout to the guys over there now. Me and Billy Bats will actually arrive tomorrow moring! Hopefully Brian can make it.