What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Side Art

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Ok. I received some full side art scans from "ctozzi". The scans were sub-par in the fact that there were steaks on Johnny's spandex pants where someone tried to clean the sides before scanning and both sides are about 25% faded. I don't think anyone would be happy with the way they looked before or after they were printed. So...

I decided to fix them up and do two versions. One would be to simply touch up the original and the other would be to simply change the background to one color. I spent 8 hours in Photoshop on the attached picture....

The touch up'd version of the original will be some time later as it will take me a while to get it up to par. Keep on the lookout. The scans are 700MB each, so that's 1.4GB and they are HUGE! I will provide both sets to anyone who wants them when everything is done.

YourMKArcadeSource

Man, what a hassle.

The rundown...

I left the monitor bolts on the image to help line it up correctly when it's applied to the machine. I had to re-do the black of JC's spandex pants because there were streaks in them where someone tried to clean the art and just ended up leaving streaks like on a window. Some of the black outlines around the dragon may look like they don't flow smoothly, but I followed the black lines and that's how they actually were. The edges of the art (around the outer edges) are a little sloppy, as far as not being straight, but that's ok because when they are cut out, the "cutter" can make them straight when they get cut. Make sense?

These images are NOT perfect, but for what they are, they will totally be usable...in my opinion.

The background color is as accurate as possible with what I can sample from the real sideart on my non-faded dedicated MK1. I chose not to fade the red as it went up to the top because frankly it was beyond my ability and I think this looks pretty damn close to factory anyway the way it is.

Regardless, here they are in sample form for the time being. Unfortunately....I am in Afghanistan right now and only have access to a wireless dial-up connection that severely limits my ability to upload large files. I will try and get the large originals uploaded for everyone, but for the time being, these samples will have to wet your appetite.

I hope they meet with your approval. I will edit the post when I get the full size images uploaded.

YourMKArcadeSource

Here is the Right Hand Side full res/size artwork. The Left Hand Side will follow shortly. I could not upload them together in one .rar due to aforementioned internet issue. Please feel free to post your criticisms/appreciation/opinions on this thread. I am interested to hear them. Thanks and enjoy!...

Right side - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LXRTMHN

Left Side - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AXOBXQ11