What's new

More of Daigo's new style of fireball game?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wow, that Diago/Gamerbee semifinals set is ridiculous.

Edit: Holy crap, what an AMAZING set -- good grief.

Last edited:
Just watched the set, my goodness the reads that Daigo made were immaculate. He's hands down my favorite player to watch, amazing set!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Daigo is back in business.

Also, a little tidbit on Gamerbee. It's been said in the past that, while Gamerbee is a very good player, his defense compared to other top players is behind in comparison, which I never really noticed until I watched Daigo HP shoryu so many times in a row. He really doesn't just sit back and block often, and when he does, it's only for a moment, then he has to press something.

Also, a little tidbit on Gamerbee. It's been said in the past that, while Gamerbee is a very good player, his defense compared to other top players is behind in comparison, which I never really noticed until I watched Daigo HP shoryu so many times in a row. He really doesn't just sit back and block often, and when he does, it's only for a moment, then he has to press something.
yeah, gamerbee is almost always pressing buttons.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Which is why Haitani beat him so easily at EVO, I was about to pull my hair out when I saw him do a RJ for no reason right before he lost.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Daigo has waaaaaaaaaaay too many classic moments. I don't understand this thread title though =\ Fireballs have always been used in footsies with ryu like this. Daigo is just exceptional at it. Also gamerbee will be unstoppable when his defense is on par with his offense. Awesome matches.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Daigo has somehow leveled up recently. It started post-Evo with the exhibition matches, and it seems to be continuing now into his general play. I saw this set live and it was just insane how good his reads and spacing were. Depending on what version of the game will be at Evo, he's a strong contender to win it again, the way he's been playing. Really early to say that, sure, but he just looks THAT solid lately.

zaf

professor
It is really scary to hear "daigo has leveled up"

He is already at the top of the food chain. So hearing that he has been leveling up is something that I will continuously look forward to.

Daigo has waaaaaaaaaaay too many classic moments. I don't understand this thread title though =\ Fireballs have always been used in footsies with ryu like this. Daigo is just exceptional at it. Also gamerbee will be unstoppable when his defense is on par with his offense. Awesome matches.
well around the time when daigo 10-0'd xian was when he leveled up his game tremendously and this is also when rumors started to appear about daigos new fireball timing. So its a series of videos of daigos succes that I am posting, hence the name new fireball style. (originally it was new bukkake style fireball because this is what zhi said in his commentary during the daigo-xian match, but moderators didn't like that title so it had to be changed)

trufenix

bye felicia
The really frightening thing about those is that they were baits not just HAMshoryus. Daigo approached, and waited exactly long enough for GB to think a crouching jab was okay to light him up.

He'd started conditioning him for that during winners finals, when Gamerbee started waking up with crouch jab to beat the overhead.

And for the record, that really betrays the 4 or 5 times in winners and grand that Gamerbee absolutely shut down daigo's fireball game with jks.