What's new

More kharacter speculation

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I just played through the MK9 ladder as Cyber Sub Zero, and man, I forgot how weird and artsy his ending was. It was also significant in that it was the only ending with no narration, and we already know that MK9's story will be carrying over a bit to MKX. If you haven't seen the ending, Shao Kahn pushes his soul into CSZ and he becomes some sort of robot ice viking with a pretty decent pick hammer.

He already has a weapon and 2 souls occupying his body, giving him 3 angles for fighting styles, plus, NRS is already showing an affinity for combining old character concepts. I'm not in love with the idea, but the potential is there, and I haven't heard it addressed yet. What doth thou think?

Dark

Kombatant
Arcade endings are normally not canon, but once in a while a few are. In this case though, his couldn't be canon since he was already dead when Shao Kahn died.

The only possibly canon ending would be Raiden's, since he killed Shao. But since Raiden is in mkx.. it's unlikely he split his soul into 4 beings.