What's new

Monthly tournament challenges?

I think a monthly tournament would be pretty awesome. Maybe even have "challenges" in maybe every other tournament, to put a fun twist on things? Kind of like the bottom 10 tournament coming up this Sunday.

I also think it would be awesome to have a running "king of the hill" where the tournament winner fights the previous tournament winner, if they're not the same guy.

I have some ideas for challenges that I think would really spice up the game play, keep Kabal/Human Smoke/Nightwolf/Ermac out of the grand finals sometimes...

a couple are pretty generic and easy:

1. 2v2 Randper kombat. Random select at select screen, and 4-4-4 4-4-4 kombat kode. This is done the entire tournament. The Ultimate random select!

2. Blocking Disabled. Kombat Kode 0-2-0 0-2-0. Pretty self explanitory, done the whole tournament. Still allows block canceling, but block doesn't actually stop attacks.

3. "Game is 20 years old - we're old and fat". This comes from when @YourMKArcadeSource did an arcade run with the up button disabled in MAME. If you want to get dangerous and not disable, fine, but a single jump DQ's you from the tournament.

4. Knockout. In order to gain the point for winning the match, you have to perform a fatality (regular or stage), to essentially knock that character out of the tournament - the caveat?? That character is out for BOTH players. So, Human Smoke performs a fatality on Human Smoke, NEITHER player can be Human Smoke the rest of their matches.

5. First to 3... In a Row. Some of these could last a while, but the player to streak their opponent 3, moves on.

6. "Winner Fights Noob Saibot". This of course requires the Juggernaut Hack. The loser must pick Noob Saibot, and the winner must stay with their character. The winner of THIS fight gets the point (or maybe if Noob wins the match, no one does?), then character selection resets, so you don't get dumped into Noob mirrors.

Any critiques? Other ideas? Would be fun to implement some of these.

Last edited:

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I think it's a great idea. Something to spice things up! I don't know how much participation you'll get with MKX just coming out, but I like the idea.