What's new

Monitors with the lowest input lag?

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
http://goo.gl/d29gH
3ms 1ms

Is this the lowest input lag there is on a non-crt monitor?

The downside is it is out of stock everywhere or over msrp by $150. There's places to get it open box, used, or (god forbid) refurbished though.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I am also looking for a monitor with a good response time and low input lag. That asus moniter that was/is THE moniter of choice for tournaments seems to have stopped production. So now im looking for a good alternative.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Really? 18 ms is VH239h? They must've changed their testing method. It used to be 8 ms right?

Kazdym

Noob
I'm not entirely read up on how the testing process works, but I do understand that what the companies generally advertise as the input delay is usually wrong. So having a resource like this is rather nice with people actually testing and posting results.​
I've been using the old ASUS monitor for a year or so now and if it is 18 ms, it is unnoticeable.​

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I use a Hanns-g hz251hpb and there is no listed input lag except 2 ms g2g advertised by the company. I don't know the r+f because I didn't find it on shoryuken, tftcentral, prad.de, and input lag database.

but I do understand that what the companies generally advertise as the input delay is usually wrong.
Most companies don't post input delay at all.(response time is not input delay for the kids at home)

That input lag database is very reliable, I got my current one of it(VE247, as its one of the only monitors on that list available in my country) It uses a very thorough method(seems like the blurb explaining what they do is gone, used to be at the top, now just a button if you want to link to the details). Good luck finding the monitor that suits you :)

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
BenQ monitors are considered good I heard.

Edit: Probably the best monitor out there with regards to input lag: http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/benq-xl2411t
I have the first benq 120hz model and it's fucking incredible. One of the best gaming purchases I've ever made. I bought it for CS:S but works great for injustice. I'd suggest a BenQ. They're on the more expensive end but extremely well worth it and they've improved a LOT since the initial release

I've been to lans for CS with teammates who had asus, acer, and Alienware 120hz monitors and all of them preferred my benq ;)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

I have the AOC i2757 it has a input lag of around 5.1 ms which is among the lowest out. It also is a IPS panel that has very nice colors and better viewing angles compared to the Evo asus monitor I am upgrading from and less input lag.

I think it is awesome and it is on sale at best buy now for 269 with free shipping.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
It could be supported on next gen, and it's very good for PC games/Movies. You have to use dual link dvi to use it but it's worth it. All modern monitors have this input. Having that ASUS monitor with a noscope gun is like hacking lol. It gives you a crosshair even if there isn't one.