What's new

moe30w cheat?

vinny141 said:
what the hell is a moe3ow cheat? how do you cheat on XLIve
This cheat is for MAME, and program that let's you play UMK3 on the computer. When you play online, it NEVER saves the hiddens, so instead of having to put in all the kombat kodes all time, poeple just use this cheat to enable all of them from the start.

hahaha let the rumors begin that I cheat due to the MAME cheat. :lol:

couple of days ago I received a message on live that I cheat. Also I have been asked numerous times if I work for midway.

Moe

Br0ken

Noob
lol people on xbla ask me if im ed boon or john tobias even though tobias left after mk4 they still assume im 1 of the 2 8)

This isn't really just the Moe cheat, this one is the main cheat.dat that works for all games and for UMK3 it has more cheats than just to unlock the hiddens.

ilovepoop said:
simply copy and paste the .dat file into the file with your roms
No put it in your root folder where you see all the other folders and the MAME icon. ilovepoop doesn't have a ROMS folder and changed his directories, that's a bit complicated.

Detailed wayt o activate:
1. Start game
2. Hit TAB to bring up menu (or whatever key you changed it to)
3. Go to cheat, hit select key (ENTER by default)
4. Enable/Disable Cheat, hit enter.
5. Now look for "Unlock Mileena" etc. and change it from "off" to "on" using the arrows or enter. (I think they are on the bottom of the list for this particular cheat.dat, mine are on top)
6. Hit tab a couple times to exit, or do it manually.
7. Reset and enjoy

Thanks VERY VERY VERY much! It took a mintue but I finally have Mileena playable.

P.S. Why does the screen look weird at the character select screen?

Can wait until next week Friday or Saturday to start playing online.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yup, Digital Eclipse stole MAME code, lol.

And the select screen mess up is, as was mentioned, a player 1 issue. If you play on the player 2 side it won't happen.

also, what is the best version of MAME to use? I currently have MAME32 0.103u2 & MAME32++ 0.119 - I prefer the latter version better but I cant get any cheat to work on it.

X820

Noob
For MAME cheat files, check here.

I used the 0.117 file in MAME 0.119, works.

Like Scheiss said, after 0.119 it's pretty much a matter of wich version of MAME do you want on your system. I'd stick with 0.119 for online P2p play though.

worked like a charm! thanks guys. now i dont have to sacrifice display resolution to be able to use practice mode