What's new

Mobility interactables-choosing your jump direction

Hey guys! Just wanted to make sure all of you guys are using the interactables to the best of your ability. When jumping off of a ground based mobility interactable, you MUST jump towards your opponent. Basically this means that you have to use these to approach your opponent, though you can still these interactables to create distance from your opponent if they are close or rapidly approaching (with a sprint, for example). Examples of these interactables include the two wooden stumps on The Kove or the destroyed pillar directly in the center of Emperor's Courtyard, among many others.

However, when using air based mobility interactables you can actually choose the direction (left or right) that you jump off of the object. This, in my opinion, makes them FAR more useful than those located on the ground. They are however less common than their ground based counterparts. The only air-based mobility interactables are the P1 side tree in Dead Woods, the scary looking statue on the P1 side of Kuatan Jungle, the two coffins/statues in the center of Lin Kuei temple, and the ladder on the P1 side of Refugee Camp. The Lin Kuei statues can also be lept off of from the ground, but this does not allow you to choose your jump direction. The Kuatan Jungle interactable cannot be lept off of from the ground-instead it doubles as a "grab" interactable when used on the ground.

Worth noting is that there is also an air based mobility interactable in the corner of the Outworld Marketplace, but since its in the corner you can't use it to jump to the right. Also of note is that nearly all of these particular interactables are located on the left side of the stage.

I didn't intend for this to be this long, I've just been using the statues on Lin Kuei temple to control whether I want to pressure my opponent or get away from them depending on my matchup as Kitana, and I find it quite useful. Just wanted to make sure that the community was aware.