What's new

Tech Moar footsies with f2b1

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Normally u usually use this after a d4 on hit right. Its a pretty good footsie when used like that. I always thought it would be good for baiting or to check your opponent when they are comming towards you as u are backing away from them with either walking or back dashing. But the problem of negative edge occurs causing an elbow dash to come out. However! i've found that after pressing back twice to backdash or holding back to walk back for a bit. If you roll your thumb from BACK, to DOWN, to F2b1, it will come out every time instead of the elbow dash. It's been quite useful for me :)

what do u guys think?

Axel_Redd

i tend to do it on reaction sometimes tho, so it comes out pretty fast.

I use f2 ah rarely I always seem to get jumped or something. I'll just keep spamming d4.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

I use f2 ah rarely I always seem to get jumped or something. I'll just keep spamming d4.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
why not use both? i do :)

and so what if its -10, the pushback more than makes up for it.

Axel_Redd

lol, -10 or -11, not much of a difference, the pushback still makes it worth using.

Axel_Redd

you should definitely try doing it more tho, it actually works wonders when your trying to create space.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I pretty much only use f2 as a whiff punisher. It's too punishable on whiff.

1221 and 12b1 are pretty nice in footsies from this range. If you only use 1 or 12 and the opponent tries to whiff punish, you'll usually be safe and sometimes even be able to punish their whiff punish. 1221 has better pushback than f2b1 and it also creates some overhead/low mixups.

Axel_Redd

I pretty much only use f2 as a whiff punisher. It's too punishable on whiff.

1221 and 12b1 are pretty nice in footsies from this range. If you only use 1 or 12 and the opponent tries to whiff punish, you'll usually be safe and sometimes even be able to punish their whiff punish. 1221 has better pushback than f2b1 and it also creates some overhead/low mixups.
i still prefer to use it tho, because not only does it have good reach, but im able to do it that much faster now. Plus its still a good followup after d4 on hit.