What's new

MLG - Injustice: GAU may be picked up for Quarter 3 or 4, Adam asks Arturo about numbers

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For quite a while Mortal Kombat players were able to compete in big money through multiple Major League Gaming events that happened through 2011 and 2012. Featuring cash pots that sometimes equaled over $30,000 in prizes, therefore bringing in some of the most intense competition we've ever seen. NetherRealm Studio's second impressive title, Injustice: Gods Among Us may now be considered for the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2013.

Adam Apicella, who is the EVP of Operations at MLG began asking Arturo Sanchez a little about Injustice on twitter just hours ago. Here is the discussion that took place...

mlgfall1.png

Adam Apicella
‏@MrAdamAp
@nycfurby how is the online game play for Injustice? Any better than past FGC titles?

Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 6h
@MrAdamAp Injustice online is alright. About SF4 quality. The lobbies are stable at but connections can vary.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 6h
@nycfurby taking a close look at Injustice now for Q3/Q4. Thoughts on it?

@MrAdamAp I can tell you that Injustice is the 3rd biggest game in the FGC right now re: entrants and #2/#1 on streams right now.

@MrAdamAp Which is the complete opposite of MK9. I'd say the community is around 3x as big. Close to Marvel or AE numbers.

@MrAdamAp but yeah if you do get something popping you know how to find me. <3 Really trying to push this game hard.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 6h
@nycfurby What is the biggest purse at EVO this year?

@MrAdamAp Numbers arent released and I dont work for Evo so I'm not sure yet. It could be between AE/Marvel/Injustice/Smash.

@MrAdamAp as far as dev backing. NRS threw in a couple of G's into the pot. I believe Lab Zero (Skullgirls) is too. Not sure about others

Perfect Legend ‏@PerfectLegend 6h
@nycfurby @MrAdamAp Adam the game is great and should be there.

Perfect Legend ‏@PerfectLegend 6h
@nycfurby @MrAdamAp Adam I will email ya

Justin Wong ‏@JWonggg 5h
@PerfectLegend @nycfurby @mradamap lol at Carl. Game is good and fun to watch and it is 3rd most played game but Injustice started at 9am :/

Source: MrAdamAp

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Man -- I think we should all show our support for this in a nice way if they're considering it; everyone should tweet the MLG crew (in a nice way mind you, not to be annoying) and voice some support for having Injustice at MLG.

If you enjoyed MK and you'd like to be back for Injustice, let them know -- many voices speak louder than one.

Edit: Looks like PerfectLegend already did this; I just tweeted my support as well. Hopefully everyone that'd like to see this game at MLG will join in.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
do you have a "footsies" wonder woman? do you have an answer for BLACK ADAM??
I have THE answer for Black Adam lol. He can't do shit against WW. So long as the execution is on point, I'd put my WW against any BA player in confidence atm.

WW has the luxury of being able to do anything and having an answer for everything. Call her what you will.

ReZo

MKX
This would be so sick, i'd go to all the mlgs if IGAU is in it, no questions asked, if they do put it in like at Raleigh, than it'd be my first EC tourney :)

God I hope its in NC at 3rd and 4th Quarter, Unless I got sponsored or on a team, I couldn't afford to travel to MLG Anaheim, or any mid to west MLG's for that matter. It will either be Raleigh or Charlotte, NC.

Time to put my even more serious hat on, 20,000-30,000 bucks for winning would be O.O lol

ReZo

MKX
I have THE answer for Black Adam lol. He can't do shit against WW. So long as the execution is on point, I'd put my WW against any BA player in confidence atm.

WW has the luxury of being able to do anything and having an answer for everything. Call her what you will.
EDIT: Double Posting Like a Boss
A F0xy Grampa add me on PSN: i-ReZo-i for BA vs WW matches

Yeah I've sadly encountered this problem myself, Havn't hopped into the lab to find a good punish for WW or a strategy really for that matter.

GL is still a harder match-up in my opinion, he literally does what he says: "Shutting Ya' Down" lol

Only way I beat GL is if I make ZERO mistakes and don't backdash or jump when in range