What's new

Discovery MKX Tweakvars modding??? (NO GO, sorry!)

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
So I was snooping around some old PC MKX files, dated September 1st and 8th. This was Trait_Quanchi1 mko (AKA Sorcerer) and I believe I may have found, at last, a tweakvar. This one controls (in theory) the block damage multiplier from the Final Hex move.
For those who don't know what a tweakvar is, it's short for tweakable variable, and it's what controls (as it's name states) the different variables as to how much damage an attack does, how many recovery frames on hit, if there's armor assigned to it, what blockreq/hit level it is, hitbox, etc. It's how the game is patched.

Unfortunately, my PC can't run MKX at all (unless you count running at 1-5 fps) so I need the assistance of a tester. Send me a private message if you are up for testing, and I'll discuss what's needed for the test.

For the record, even if this works out, this doesn't automatically mean I'll be working on a balance mod or anything like that, this is just to test out a possible discovery that could open the gates to MKX Gameplay modding.

EDIT: sadly, I tried to test out the newest scripts and tried to compare them via hex editor and no go. The latest version is too different. They reorganized the scripts around it seems and added 10 kb. (original size was 1340 kb) So until a newer tool can be developed (I'm not that skilled, sorry) this is staying in limbo.
Sorry for raising your hopes guys. Thanks to @Tanno for helping out, though.

Last edited: