What's new

MKX :The new sound design model

Skylight1

Warrior
Does it really matter if it changes or not though? I mean oen of the few important things (for nostalgic value as well) is the iconic tunes for our iconic stages. I mean it doesn't really matter in the end about what changes in mid-round or not. Sound design should just stay the way it's always been.

Mechacide

Apprentice
I like the sound of the music, though it's more atmospheric than memorable, but it's just so darn quiet... I really wish NRS would make some awesome stage or character themes which they can remix for future releases.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What's the point in quoting that post for? If something isn't broken, don't try to fix it. Simple as that.
Everything evolves over time dude, sound design is no different. If you expect to have the same music as the last one that's like expecting them to have the same gameplay mechanics as the last o rthe same graphics as the last (if they ain''t "broke" right?).

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I noticed this too. Awesome sound design/voice acting. Is Dan Forden confirmed to be back for MKX?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Does it really matter if it changes or not though? I mean oen of the few important things (for nostalgic value as well) is the iconic tunes for our iconic stages. I mean it doesn't really matter in the end about what changes in mid-round or not. Sound design should just stay the way it's always been.
there is no old stages in the game, not until now tho, also what is wrong with the music, the IGN videos are messed up to hide the dialogues, so there is parts of the music that we aren't listening that well yet

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
come on, you're supposed to have enhanced hears compared to me hehe, there is no way you would miss that :p
Lol nah, my ears fail me sometimes. I go to loud ass concerts so my hearing suffered a little, but now I wear ear muffs to protect them cuz I don't think I could play MK without it hahaha.

InFlames

dead
I hope they have the music at the loudest from default, since I didn't realize the Injustice music was only half volume until 6 months later.

there is no old stages in the game, not until now tho, also what is wrong with the music, the IGN videos are messed up to hide the dialogues, so there is parts of the music that we aren't listening that well yet
Seems there are " phase cancellation" phenomena in IGN's MKX videos, that's why the sound effects and music get fucked up. Probably the mix between L and R channels causes these.

I'm amazed of the sound design so far, and also the score fits like hell in MK! Tribal/ ethnic sounds and middle east scales as well...Amazing!!!!!! Let the "MK Techno era" be forgotten forever :D

Dude, you've broken down all these videos so hard! Great Job - Respect