What's new

Tech - Inferno MKX Scorpion 42-43% Combos w/ Vortex

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
This is actually just a standing reset. Vortex implies you can loop it back into itself over and over, you only get one rep of this though. Still a really dope reset.

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
This is actually just a standing reset. Vortex implies you can loop it back into itself over and over, you only get one rep of this though. Still a really dope reset.
Technically correct, you could loop this if the opponent never blocked low>ex spear OR if you did F4 (which is really slow) into ex spear given a easy enough to block 50/50 situation.

You can loop it but its not without using slow B2/F4 accompanied with meter to make it safe if you want to get a vortex scenario.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."

Haven't seen a combo that keeps vortex and reached 42% without jump ins.

Hope this is useful.
I just wanted to point out this, but the mid Demon isn't actually +15 It is indeed +4 like the frame data suggests. In matches a 6 frame low poke can beat out close to any options Scorpion has after this. B3, and B1 are both now 7 frames of start up due to being +4 which means they lose. Standing 1 and 2 are highs so they will also be stuffed.

Not every character will beat B3, or B1 but like I said 6 frame low pokes will do the job. Giving you only throw, or a down poke of your own as main options after this. Which is why I do not recommend it over ending combos in a teleport, despite the 1% of extra damage that it does.

EDIT::::: Disregard this, I just have terrible timing lol

Last edited:

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I just wanted to point out this, but the mid Demon isn't actually +15 It is indeed +4 like the frame data suggests. In matches a 6 frame low poke can beat out close to any options Scorpion has after this. B3, and B1 are both now 7 frames of start up due to being +4 which means they lose. Standing 1 and 2 are highs so they will also be stuffed.

Not every character will beat B3, or B1 but like I said 6 frame low pokes will do the job. Giving you only throw, or a down poke of your own as main options after this. Which is why I do not recommend it over ending combos in a teleport, despite the 1% of extra damage that it does.
It's been a while since I've touched inferno but I don't think he's been patched at all and from what I remember b3 is a complete frametrap after low minion even though the framedata says otherwise.

Have you tested your points? Not saying you haven't, but you can't always rely on in-game framedata for this sort of stuff.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
It's been a while since I've touched inferno but I don't think he's been patched at all and from what I remember b3 is a complete frametrap after low minion even though the framedata says otherwise.

Have you tested your points? Not saying you haven't, but you can't always rely on in-game framedata for this sort of stuff.
Looks like I was wrong, I couldn't seem to poke out. With Scorpion's D1. Guess I played too much online and kept getting down poked for not instantly doing an immediate attack. Apologies for the statement. I wonder if the teleport frame data is wrong? I feel like I have way more time to prep an attack up after that move than I do after a mid demon.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Well you never know with online. It's easy to miss a few frames because of minor delays and screen tear.