What's new

MKX PDP Pad for Xbox one Review

Have you purchased and used an MKXpdp pad after March 2016, and did you like it?

• I Owned after March 2016 and I hated it

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I Owned it after March 2016 and I Liked it.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • This poll is not Valid whatsoever, they said they had new version and in fact had old version

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
My review of the new MKX PDP Pad for Xbox One Below.

As you can see it comes in a very nice Box that you can put up for Viewing in your collection.

now that i have the picutres out of the way lets get back to the review. I have used it for 3 days so far. and the only thing i can say that is bad, is the buttons are in a different location, so it takes some getting used to.

The L1/LB and R1/RB are to the right of the XYAB/SquareTriangleXCircle location.I t reminds me of playing MK on SEGA. why this is relevant is, when you need to Grab/throw your opponent or Run Cancel it will take some time to adjust with this controller.

What i did to Mitigate confusion for my self is i button mapped the LT to be Left Button, so Throw is LT now instead of being "switch stance." now it still took me time to adjust using my middle finger for Block and Run Cancels, and train my Pointing Finger to be the finger to do both instead of setting looking lasy like how we all use it on the XB1 standard Controller.

The Buttons "1234"
They are great, they have Micro Stitches in them instead of the Gel Pads. What this means is they will Not Likely Break if you use them correctly, and that they will work faster, they are meant for Hard button presses and continuous use all day exposure. along with Convenience they Work great and IMO better than the PS4's and XB1's 1234 buttons. they have strong springs that snap them back up after each trigger press. this allows you to slide them for hard combos or Erron Blacks 21122 (put em up string easily) or Kung Laos Chain Fist. 112124. 9/10

The D-Pad
works great the newer version does not have a multi input problem. so when you Move forward and quickly press up it will no longer make you jump forward. they are very responsive, sturdy, and are less stiff than the Xbox One D-pad but a little more stiff than the PS4. They have worked for my Alien Acidic Corner combos, Liu kang Cancels, and Cyrax High input Combos. The D-Pad on this Controller also has Micro Switches, so they are designed like a Fight Box/Hit Box they will not have gels inside them wear down and stop working. you do however have to be careful with the triggers so you do not break the plastic the buttons are made out of. I would describe the D-Pad being a miture of both the PS4's and Xbox Ones D-Pads, i like it. 8/10

The Triggers
Are very responsive so far, and work what more do you wan't. they have good action but not to much, they have good activation that does not require to much strain on your finger. i would rate them 9/10.

Aesthetics
- Look of controller and build quality
It looks pleasing to the eye, made of a great material on back side, the triggers feel like they are a solid Plastic. the front feels solid. it is however light weight and that makes it feel cheap, and the buttons are very light. for that alone i will give it a 7/10

Conclusion
I like them so far and are a cheap great alternative to the XB1 standard controller. so if you don't have the cash to shell out pick up one of these for your MK needs. overall rating: 7/10

I will continue use with this controller for a full month and edit this posting accordingly and or add on to it with my full month review.
i have seen posts about how bad a couple people thought this controller is. but keep in mind this is my experience with the controller, and this is a newer Model then the standard first model, and it has an updated Trgger in the buttons and Dpad, as well as better springs in the Triggers.
owned

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Nah, they're shit.

My final review score:

Donkeydick/10
I play fightpads and havent used this since i bought it
what all 3 of you have in common, is you ordered and got the First Model of the MKX PDP Pad. Big difference between the 2, i had the old one and it was trash compared to the one i have now. this one is comparable to the Hori FC4

Try it for a month and see what you think then
will do doggie

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
what all 3 of you have in common, is you ordered and got the First Model of the MKX PDP Pad. Big difference between the 2, i had the old one and it was trash compared to the one i have now. this one is comparable to the Hori FC4

will do bro.
While this may be true, I would've been better off throwing $50 directly into the trash last time so I'm not sure they earned a second chance from me, especially given how badly the controller fell apart due to wear and tear. The trigger stopped working a month in. Doesn't sound like that issue was necessarily improved.

That being said, another huge problem for me was how tiny the dpad was. Did they increase the size of it at all?

MadeOfMetal

While this may be true, I would've been better off throwing $50 directly into the trash last time so I'm not sure they earned a second chance from me, especially given how badly the controller fell apart due to wear and tear. The trigger stopped working a month in. Doesn't sound like that issue was necessarily improved.

That being said, another huge problem for me was how tiny the dpad was. Did they increase the size of it at all?
yes its the same size Dpad as the XB1 Dpad, and its only $28 now. all the bottons have micro switches. to me it feels great as a cheaper alternitive to buying a $60.99 one from Microsoft. and the Knockoff the 2.4 Xbox one Controller is worse build quality then the new PDP pad.

MadeOfMetal

your pic above...
yes C its a great fight pad, i loved the Hori on the PS4 but this won't work on the XBOX ONE WITHOUT! a converter like Brook and that will run you $40 + the $50 for a brand new Hori thats $90 to $100 for an extra controller.

but the one they sell for Xbox is the:

and its built for First Person Shooters, not built for fighting games, and does not have a good Dpad or micro switches or low and close buttons for sliding with ease.

for PS4 i would recommend the Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai or the:

But For Xbox One i Recommend:

it is great for its money about $50 cheaper than normal Fight sticks of its caliber.

option 2:

Can't Go Wrong with The Hitbox For Xbox One.

as for Pads:

The Xbox One Elite new version:

The Xbox One Elite:

And Of Course
Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Wireless Controller:
Can't go wrong with the standard Controller's for Xbox one.

But so Far i have 4 more different brands in the mail to test and rate.

the MKX PDP March 2016 Model Pad:
is working Fine for me as of late. and untill i find a problem other than not having a USB plug in on it. then ill say its a good Controller.

all the problems posted before with the controller that i have herd of from people with actual reviews of them, not some"its junk" comment that does nothing to give insight or add to the thread that normal people ignore because no offense it sounds uneducated.
said that the Controller used to have a problem on the old d-pad with Pressing Forward:)r) then up:)u) quickly was causing a jump forward input. is not hapening at all with my controller.

i am experiening one difference that others have not expressed. it seems its slower to input RC after being in a stun from MAssive recovery frames from a slow recovering move.but i suspect that is my timing with this specific controller and me getting used to RT being in the RB place and that im useing my Pointing finger instead of my middle finger to execute RC's.

ill update after a month of use, and will add all controllers that i do test. its kind of a hobby of mine. i bought 16 gaming Laptops last time, and ended up with my alienware, do to it never having to be upgraded as new games come out.

MadeOfMetal

Wait, so they re-issued the pads? How can you tell a re-issue from the original release?
not sure on the web , but i called PDP up and asked them if they did anything to fix thewm, and the DEV department said they called some back and offered free replacements if you paid shipping., that they could and remade the issues that where not working properly, redid the inner material, new springs and so on. its not a new controller but an improved one.

kinda like what Sony did, with there Dual shock 4's how they had the Shitty R2 and bumper material, with crappy cheap Springs, and crappy Pin holders for the TRigger swing mount arm. and how they had the Dpad and button Gel pad wear problems, adn the very first model was having the Joysticks wear down completely within the first couple weeks of gameplay with shooters.
example of PS4 controller problems that where fixed:

https://www.destructoid.com/have-you-had-any-problems-with-your-dualshock-4-controllers--291731.phtml
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/Dualshock-4-Left-Stick-Click-to-Sprint-Problem-L3/td-p/44725163
http://www.lazygamer.net/boost/dualshock-4-controller-issues-are-getting-worse/

now look at the reviews the MKX PDP pad is getting now after the DEV warehose told me they fixed everything after, and still working on fixing more: PDP is a great Company that wants there shit to be the best it can be:

https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Fight-Pad-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKTHZB4?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

MadeOfMetal

Wait, so they re-issued the pads? How can you tell a re-issue from the original release?
yeah get one they only 28 now.

and test RC's for me, i want some other people testing them out that are known MKX players. obviously you would only use this kind for MK games, and maybe Injustice. but some weirdos are using it for Other RPG games, and racing, no shit, fuck the joystick they say. look at youtube and Game stop reviews now. lol. its beyond me why they would use it for anything but fighters and MK only on that. i mean if someone wants to make it harder on themselfs and use it on Strret Fighter by all means try to get that 360 and full circle motion's on a dpad. lol

I tried 2 fightpads from PDP (Marvel and MKX). They both have the exact same problem (cheap build quality). They will usually fall apart after a few weeks or a few months. If you are able to get a good quality fightpad from PDP, that's great but I will probably never touch another fightpad from that company.

MadeOfMetal

I tried 2 fightpads from PDP (Marvel and MKX). They both have the exact same problem (cheap build quality). They will usually fall apart after a few weeks or a few months. If you are able to get a good quality fightpad from PDP, that's great but I will probably never touch another fightpad from that company.
so far its doing ok, its working as intended, its a cheap alt for guests who come over. thats what i use it for. i have the XB1 Elite and ill be doing reviews on all the pads i get in the mail in months to come.

i compare them to my Hitbox usually or the Elite controller