What's new

MKX Mobile Controls?

Hey, I've been playing the mobile game and I'm wondering how the hell to do certain things. There is pretty much no place to find out the controls. Swipe doesn't do strong attacks like other games and there's no real way to do more than a three hit combo followed by a special.

Has anyone figured out how to do things in this game? The lack of a tutorial is ridiculous.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I was wondering a few things as well. How do counter grabs like Jacqui's?
I'm not sure exactly, but I think you might want to tag out the minute she tags in because she always does that 3 hit combo to grab.

Also, same with the monk.

You need a character with a good draining special move because it prohibits them from doing specials.

Other than that, idk.

One last thing: You tap the screen to attack. The swipe mechanic comes on when you successfully land a combo with a rapid tap press.

I think the tutorial explained the controls in the first ladder.

I'm not sure exactly, but I think you might want to tag out the minute she tags in because she always does that 3 hit combo to grab.

Also, same with the monk.

You need a character with a good draining special move because it prohibits them from doing specials.

Other than that, idk.

One last thing: You tap the screen to attack. The swipe mechanic comes on when you successfully land a combo with a rapid tap press.

I think the tutorial explained the controls in the first ladder.
In past games, you could swipe to do heavy hits before the option came up. I'll try the drain thing.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Yeah, I use Possessed Kenshi and his first special is "Tele Push" and if you can get the damage up to around 80%+, it'll drain a good chunk, if not all, of their special meter.

:D

macro

Eezeepeezee
Does anyone know if there's any unlockable Quan Chi skins I should be looking out for?

In past games, you could swipe to do heavy hits before the option came up. I'll try the drain thing.
This game doesn't allow you to swipe unless it tells you to. Yes, the Injustice mobile game allowed you to do this, but not with MKX right now.

What would you guys say are the best cards to buy right from the git go?
Wait, you can buy specific cards? I haven't even noticed...

I've only been buying 32k gold packs and living off what I get.

D

Deleted member 9158

Controls? Oh you mean mashing the screen until you win or lose ? :DOGE

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
LOL controls?! Tap tap tap, sometimes swipe. Theres your tutorial. These games arent meant to have depth.

Ok guys, I have news. I got Covert Ops Cassie Cage and she's been handing out ass kickings left and right. She also does combos longer than three hits without stringing a special. I use a silver Reptile, Johnny Cage, and a gold Cassie and I have been wrecking. I have katana, ring, and body armor support cards on Cassie and I save her for last in fights because she absorbs the most damage and she can demolish in a few hits. When I ran out of energy, I went back to the Sonya ladder and used lower tier characters and repeated it until I ran out of energy, by that time, I had regained some energy and I could use my top tier team again. As for combat, I wait until they strike, block, and then punish them. It also helps to run up to them after you hit them and a lot of the time, you can get in another combo or two.

Last edited:

MashBot

You're over matched.
subzero work well with almost any kard. make sure to punish things with him. 2-3 taps depending on what string he use iceball super, 2-3 hits iceball super tag 2-3 hits super agian

I would've played more if it weren't for the whole "recharge" nonsense. What am I, Shang Tsung? just handing out souls like they're candy and shit ~___~
Yeah, I feel they dropped the ball when it comes to unlocking things. Grinding isn't even the word to describe how much time you have to put into this to get anything worthwhile out of it. Everything is overpriced and the payout for fights is way too low.