What's new

MKX - 29th Jan stream review and impressions from TYM

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys as some of you know it, i wasn't able to watch the stream live due the timezone, my plan was only to sleep for an hour, i overslept, still managed to catch tym offline when i woke up, so i had a good time watching the archive, and now today i can talk about it and of course hear from you about what you have learned from the stream in general.
Shootouts to colt for mentioning Bird Lao, that was one of the highest moments for me and the Great Bird Lao Community.

My impressions and things i learned from the stream:

Ermac

Ermac looks dope, he is just as diverse as Scorpion and Kung Lao are, and any other character is in this game, the recent trailers didn't do justice to the characters, this left me excited to see reptile and Kitana even more.

That hover system will provide him some good mindgames, now that he teleports faster while retreating, trying to punish him with air projectiles while he hovers is something Ermac players will expect, i predict some good techs.

I see a lot of peoples complaining about Ermac's size, i'm actually happy and hopefully he is a low hitbox character this time around. He has a slower walkspeed because he is a zoning char, in exchange, his moves controls a much wider area.

Ermac design is entirely around zoning in every variation, and i think for the first time in Mortal Kombat, that Zoning has become incredibly interesting to my eyes that i'm willing to tryout this ermac more and not be half disappointed like i did when i picked him up in MK9 for a spin on my lab week.

#WowowWhiffPunish #WowowMindGames

OMG, can he wowow into float?

I was hoping this Ermac to do stuff different from MK9, and he really do anything different from MK9, thank you NRS thank you.

Shut up, his visual design is awesome, and it looks like is just the alternate, probably that leaked art will make into the game. Also some people have to learn that some ninjas from the 2D era were only a pallete swap trick to manipulate the limitations of the hardware, in my honest opinion, i love that every NRS character is unique in the most possible way without having similarities among themselves, visually and gameplaywise, unlike, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Gouken.

Sub-Zero
Giving more and more impression that is Bi-Han, thanks for trolling us in the E3 Boon, there was no need to.

Did you guys noticed that now sub can use his hammer while he jumps? curious to see how it looks.

Scorpion
Still the main to keep until i found my calling on a female character. And the more i see of him, the more i want to grind this char, OMG #ComeFastApril

Kung Lao
We heard from Paulo that Bird Lao was toned down, but Great Bird Lao has born, he now has a quarrel with you: #GreatBirdLao2015

future techs: #BirdDash #MeterBirding #EXBirdPressure

System
Positioning [Position throw] (defense, offense, reversal)

By burning a bar of meter while you throw, you can choose to push someone instead of grabbing, it does Chip damage but change positions for better advantage you can push him forward (you can push them in the corner) or push him backwards (switch sides, put him in the corner) Thank you for showing this Derek, this MK is the richiest in basic mechanics that i really doubt someone will say this game is for just casuals. This will not only work as a defensive maneuver, but i will be a good option to turn the tides, escape corner when you're out of stamina and more.

Running without dashing
Some people were still wondering if its possible or not, well, here is a solid proof that you can run without dashing, thanks again Derek, note that it depletes stamina, now check how far he reaches with quarter stamina at the time:

And one final request, NRS no more single variation trailers, those are such a bad tease that are not doing justice to the characters, the Shawn Himmerick's and Boon's model were the best.

#ComeFastApril

Error404

Noob
Goddammit 1 week before the next stream im gonna make a twitter account and spam them non-stop for cassie gameplay.Kung Lao and Ermac are dope tho.