What's new

MKT Versions and Kaillera NetPlay

Noob
Guys, I had to split this and move it to it's own thread. The other thread was for MKT and MK4 for the N64, and we went way off topic. Please keep discussions about MKT for PSX and playing it on Kaillera in here.

This is quoted from DreemerNJ from Ultimatemk.com

There are different versions of MKT and the different versions have their own revisions.

MKT for PSX, Saturn and PC are all pretty much the same game. They used the same data files, graphics, etc. So when you line them up side by side you see character sizes and menus and everything looking the same.

MKT for PSX had at least 3 revisions. The early ones were buggy and had low gravity. The last and best revision was the Greatest Hits edition.

MKT for PC had at least 2 revisions. I used to own a copy that was not as bad as buggy MKT for PSX but it definately had low gravity and easier combos. There is also a Final revision of MKT for PC that is essentially identical to Greatest Hits MKT.

MKT for Saturn I've only seen 1 revision for and its buggy as hell. I doubt more revisions existed because the sales were abysmal, they had no incentive for even making a second run of the game.

MKT for N64 is a different beast all together. It feels like its built off of UMK3 for SNES. The gameplay is a total mess. It's missing a bunch of characters (MK1 Kano, MK1 Raiden, MK2 Kung Lao, MK2 Jax, Goro, Kintaro, Unmasked Sub Zero). It's sound and graphics are overall pretty bad. The worst part though is they removed or tweaked gameplay mechanics to make big damage combos easier to do.

In its best version (Greatest Hits MKT for PSX or Final MKT for PC), gameplay is basically identical to UMK3 for the arcade. If you use UMK3 characters and moves, almost any combo done in one works the same way in the other.

I think the MK team did have something to do with them. Noob and Rain are both hideously broken and I think that was Boon and Tobias having some fun with it.

One fun thing, I believe every character with recycled graphics gained a move. Baraka got the blade spin, MK2 Raiden got reverse electricity, MK2 Kung Lao got the superman move, etc.

As far as Johnny Cage, I'd say he was recorded for MKT specifically. And might I add, the guy they recorded sucks. Despite how much airbrushing and image hacking they could do, he still ends up looking like he doesn't even know how to punch. But, he isn't hacked into the game like the bosses are. He is a full, normal character. He has his own projectile and they gave him correct sounding sound effects for his specials and everything (MK2 sounding). He actually even does MK2 level damage which is weird.

MK2 Jax, MK2 Kung Lao, Baraka, and Johnny Cage all do MK2 level damage, even though Johnny Cage is completely redone visually. They probably wanted to just use the old graphics and legally couldn't or something. And also strangely, MK2 Raiden does not do MK2 level damage, furthering my belief that he was somehow used in the development of MK3 and may have even been considered as a secret character.

MKT Versions and Kaillera Play

9.95 said:
I'm making some slow cooked veggie chili for dinner tonight, so while that's cooking I'll see what I can do about getting the psx emu running and getting Greatest Hits MKT ripped and ready.
holy shit dude, if i can get on trilogy soon,ill just be very very happy,scropions forward teleport punch FTW!

W

wazz

hey phill no need upload mkt. cuz i dnloaded the ps version ages ago and i hav the link
so dookie u want the mkt link let me know

wazz said:
hey phill no need upload mkt. cuz i dnloaded the ps version ages ago and i hav the link
so dookie u want the mkt link let me know
please please please,omg, the psx version??? wazz, have you played this online at all?

Noob

Wazz, the only thing is, for kaillera play, the games have to be identical. By identical I mean:

1. Game image names and size need to be the same. Games must also be identical, you can't have PAL on one side and NTSC on the other.

2. Memory Card saves must be identical. The way Kaillera/Cyberpad works to make PS1 games play is by synching both sides and making kaillera believe it's the same PS1 system, which means that EVERYTHING must be identical on both sides.

Is your version NTSC, is it the Greatest Hits version? Also, does it have music? I've seen rips of the game with no music, as well as rips of the game with a new intro before the game starts.

I'd be ripping my original game if I did it.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water

Actually you should adopt PSX MKT's image ripped and recompiled by EDGBLA user from this forum
http://forum.amks.ru/viewforum.php?f=29
I downloaded it awhile ago, but Im not sure where download links are now and do they work or no.
I got his ICQ number: 476192416
Basically the difference between MKT images are in avialablilty of music on ePSXe, image with working music is pretty rare thing to find, and that image I talked about is the one

Noob

Wazz, the version you posted is the original version of MKT, not the Greatest hits version.

I got an original copy of Mortal Kombat trilogy (Midway Greatest Hits Edition) for 5 Dollars some time ago. I bought it on a second hand store here in Virginia when my father was looking for a radio cassette LOL. I tried it on my PS3 and it runs very well. There was MK Mythologies too, but the CD was not in good state.

Um, Not to stray away from the topic of the PSX version, But, Has anybody tried Totalmortalkombat.com's MKT PC Patch? It says it works with Vista.

sonicfan966 said:
Um, Not to stray away from the topic of the PSX version, But, Has anybody tried Totalmortalkombat.com's MKT PC Patch? It says it works with Vista.
Interesting.

Do you know if the background music works?

L

LorenzoTheComic

[MKII said:
Scorpion ]
sonicfan966 said:
Interesting.

Do you know if the background music works?
No the Background Music didn't work when I played it.

W

wazz

i jus made a simple youtube vid for how to get on ps1 online. and i also kindly uploaded " PS1 EMULATOR, MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY, MORTAL KOMBAT 4 ALL IN 1 FILE"

ok here is the vid. look in the youtube description for more info ;)