What's new

MKT PC IPX Online

Hey guys, I've gotten the PC version of MKT working online, however the frame rate was so choppy due to online latency that it was not even worth playing...

I connected via built in XP's VPN, but I heard of someone using a program called GIT (Gamers internet tunnel) to connect... I couldn't get that program working, I was able to connect using the program, but MKT still didnt pick up the IPX hosted game...

So my question is, has anyone gotten the PC version of MKT's built in IPX Lan play working through tcp ip internet play? if so, was it smooth enough to play? someone said it was better than kaillera but they might of not known what they were talking about, because when I got mine successfully connected, it lagged like hell...

also, for anyone having sound issues with their usb controller:

i got around that bug by removing the usb controller device in device manager, then loading the game while the sound was working, then reconnecting the usb controller, and it worked after that, so that tip might be useful for anyone wanting to play MKT pc with their controller...

ok so please let me know if you got MKT pc working online through emulating ipx over tcp ip... ive tried a lot of things so far but im hoping theres a smooth way to do it, ive tried hamachi and vpn, havnt tried kali because it costs 20 dollars..

message me on AIM if you got this working: LANAsiDOOG

or msn: [email protected]

thanks a lot!

7h30n

Noob
I wish to know that too, and we could play together.

But I still don't get the sound working: I have my GamePad plugged, then I go to device manager and uninstall it, I start the game (there is sound) I unplug and plug the Gamepad again -> the sound works but gamepad doesn't

What am I doing wrong?

Lars

Noob
I wish to know that too, and we could play together.

But I still don't get the sound working: I have my GamePad plugged, then I go to device manager and uninstall it, I start the game (there is sound) I unplug and plug the Gamepad again -> the sound works but gamepad doesn't

What am I doing wrong?
I had that happen too, it's because your computer automatically switches to the controller's headset for sound output. Go in to your sound options and change the default speakers back.

That should help you.

whoever wants to try to get it working please message me on AIM if you can:

screen name: LANAsiDOOG

i got it working with VPN but it was laggy, and i read that VPN wasnt designed for broadband gaming or something, anyways, I'd like to try to get it working with GIT (gamers internet tunnel) thanks!

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'll download GIT again and take a look next time I'm at my computer. I've played it via GIT before. It wasn't very smooth, but at the time my connection was much worse than it is now.

It's been a while since I used GIT (last time was for some fun matches of ROTT). Both players start up GIT. They create a connection. Both sides have to set GIT up to listen to the correct IPX ports for MKT. Once that's all set, both players have to start the game and one player has to start a game. Then when the other goes looking for a game and hopefully it shows up.

EDIT:
The one step I almost forgot is you have to give GIT your host, like your public IP if you're on a LAN, and you have to specify all the people you'll be connected with (list their IP addresses).

ZAQ

Noob
I'll download GIT again and take a look next time I'm at my computer. I've played it via GIT before. It wasn't very smooth, but at the time my connection was much worse than it is now.

It's been a while since I used GIT (last time was for some fun matches of ROTT). Both players start up GIT. They create a connection. Both sides have to set GIT up to listen to the correct IPX ports for MKT. Once that's all set, both players have to start the game and one player has to start a game. Then when the other goes looking for a game and hopefully it shows up.

EDIT:
The one step I almost forgot is you have to give GIT your host, like your public IP if you're on a LAN, and you have to specify all the people you'll be connected with (list their IP addresses).
*edit: fuck you duke

dreemernj

Ambassador
LoL

I figured it was duke nukem related but thought I was just missing the joke.

Still haven't gotten back to one of my comps to try GIT, but soon.

7h30n

Noob
That should help you.
Hmm, I don't understand what I have to do here.

I start the game with Gamepad but no sound right?
Then I go to sound options/properties, then under speaker settings --> advanced --> speaker setup --> default setup (it's "desktop stereo speakers") ?

Or I need to set something else?

P.S. Any progress on trying to get MKT working online?

Hey guys, I've gotten the PC version of MKT working online, however the frame rate was so choppy due to online latency that it was not even worth playing...

I connected via built in XP's VPN, but I heard of someone using a program called GIT (Gamers internet tunnel) to connect... I couldn't get that program working, I was able to connect using the program, but MKT still didnt pick up the IPX hosted game...

So my question is, has anyone gotten the PC version of MKT's built in IPX Lan play working through tcp ip internet play? if so, was it smooth enough to play? someone said it was better than kaillera but they might of not known what they were talking about, because when I got mine successfully connected, it lagged like hell...

also, for anyone having sound issues with their usb controller:

i got around that bug by removing the usb controller device in device manager, then loading the game while the sound was working, then reconnecting the usb controller, and it worked after that, so that tip might be useful for anyone wanting to play MKT pc with their controller...

ok so please let me know if you got MKT pc working online through emulating ipx over tcp ip... ive tried a lot of things so far but im hoping theres a smooth way to do it, ive tried hamachi and vpn, havnt tried kali because it costs 20 dollars..

message me on AIM if you got this working: LANAsiDOOG

or msn: [email protected]

thanks a lot!
Try using Hamachi to connect to your desired opponent. It's what I use for pseudo-LAN connections (it's essentially a VPN client/server package).

Try using Hamachi to connect to your desired opponent. It's what I use for pseudo-LAN connections (it's essentially a VPN client/server package).
I've tried hamachi, we connect ok through hamachi and we're recognized on eachothers lans, but MKT still doesnt recognize eachother through IPX.. oh well i guess its a lost cause

I managed to get this working a while back. I can't recall whether it was using Hamachi or GIT, but I remember having to play around with alot of the settings to get the games to see each other. I think it was playing slightly slow. But it definitely can be done.