What's new

MK9 vs injustice - Strategy differences

Sultani

Warrior
I think one of the biggest adaptations that MK players are going to have to face compared to a capcom player is this.

The mentality coming from most MK players seems to be that in order for something to be viable in terms of a counter to a situation, it needs to be a big punish or a full combo. Even people such as PL have started threads saying that KL sucks against crouching because he can't completely blow it up., people saying things like "I need a better punish for so and so," etc.

Because of the way the movement works amongst other things, the big adaptation people are going to have to become aware of is that simply bach dashing or not getting blown up is a perfectly viable "counter."

People who are more used to playing games with more safe specials will figure this out quicker than MK players.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lao doesn't suck against crouching.

I'm used to getting small damage or quick escape routes with Noob and Reptile. I think those and that mentality of take what you can will transition into Injustice well.

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
Or it could go the other way. Capcom players could be slower at learning what can be punished with a meaty combo. Over time I don't think it's gonna matter if you were predominantly an MK player or Capcom player...Injustice is Injustice.