What's new

MK9 Sektor Combos !!!!

Theme

Noob
Good combos... but i dont think that the upmissles are practical in a real match. I almost never use it (except for EN Up missles).

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Good combos... but i dont think that the upmissles are practical in a real match. I almost never use it (except for EN Up missles).
Normal up missle's are very practicle in a match save for a few matchups. I doubt it's what you meant but obviously noone's gonna rely on one for a combo starter.

That statement would have made more sense the other way round. Homing missle's are very overrated by a lot of people, a much better use of meter is ex TU and breaker 95% of the time.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I appreciate anyone putting in work and making Sektor combo videos for the community. Thanks Genjuro.

All practical/inpractical discussions aside, I was surprised to see a 62% combo, that was pretty cool. I thought Sektor maxed out at 60%, myself.

Theme

Noob
Normal up missle's are very practicle in a match save for a few matchups. I doubt it's what you meant but obviously noone's gonna rely on one for a combo starter.

That statement would have made more sense the other way round. Homing missle's are very overrated by a lot of people, a much better use of meter is ex TU and breaker 95% of the time.
EX TU is a given, its one of his main specials that he needs to extend a combo. EX Homing missiles arent used very often IMO. What I meant is that they arent very practical to try to catch your opponent into the combos. They see it coming from a while away. The best it can do is help you keep up the pressure. Only in really rare cases you might hit them, leading to the more advanced combos.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
EX TU is a given, its one of his main specials that he needs to extend a combo. EX Homing missiles arent used very often IMO. What I meant is that they arent very practical to try to catch your opponent into the combos. They see it coming from a while away. The best it can do is help you keep up the pressure. Only in really rare cases you might hit them, leading to the more advanced combos.
Yes your unlikely to catch people in combo's with upmissle seeing as you have to be fairly close and if it does hit often you've traded and can't capitalize. I thought you meant up missle wasn't practicle in general when its obviously great, on block it gives you free pressure or a throw attempt, can be used to zone along with straight missle, force wakeups and can be used as a combo ender etc. Obviously noone would use up missle with the sole purpose of trying to catch them and lead into a combo.

The best use for homing missle imo is closing out a round. It can create an unavoidable sitatuion where they'll have to eat the chip or take the missle when followed up with TU. Only smoke and x-rays maybe can escape it. Any pressure you get with homing missle isn't worth it imo. A lot of people seem to think you opponent will just stand there and block it whilst you rush in for pressure or do b34 whatever. Its not really hard to avoid at all though any attack that knock's down can trade with you as you try to apply any pressure and now you've wasted a bar. Theres plenty of ways to get hit by the homing missle that don't give you any follow ups or pressure.

Robotic

Gentleman.
The pros and cons of upmissile/homing missile have been done to death in the Sektor forums. Maybe the OP can jump in and discuss whether he meant for these combos to be practical or flashy, or was he going for maximum damage output before we turn another thread into an upmissile discussion? :D

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Entertaining video for sure. Practical, perhaps not, haha.

Though the one thing I've learned about Sektor over the last few weeks is to never dismiss anything someone may say about him right away. Try it out for yourself and see if it works for you. Sometimes naked X-rays have won me matches over other great players, homing missiles have extended my pressure which lead to a combo or gaining the meter right back, and up missiles have hit in the air causing a conformable TU combo.

There's a lot to learn about this character; none of us have explored him in the fullest. So I would recommend considering everything people say, even if it's with a grain of salt.

First, thanks for watching....is good to see the replies because the general idea about the forum is the discussion. Second, the use both of EN missile or the normal missile is very circunstancial, I mean, when I play online with Sektor I preffer to end a combo with teleport and [ b 2, 1 ] then I use the EN missile for pressure. If the oponent only blocks I can make a dash and throw him/her.

For other side the normal missile has ranges, and I always think that one special movement that has variations is a good move....The problem with this move is that it is really slooow, but good for coast to coast strategies :)