What's new

MK9 ON Atlanta/Habersham Radio 96.7 fm 1490am - Esports Blow it up

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey I tweeted this but thought id post it as well

Post school i've gotten a few new jobs (tri caster work, co host for Ga State sports radio and 96.7 WCHM sports talk) and one has been to be a Co Host on a Sports Talk show called Overtime on NEWSTALK 96.7FM and AM 1490 (Station hour out of atlanta)

So this past week was my second week and me and the other host we're talking after our first show getting to know each other better and I mentioned MK9 lol and tournaments and Esports out of the blue and he was mesmerized by the whole subject

So interestingly enough I get an outline this past Thursday for the show of all of our topics and one of the topics was "Educate and discuss esports"

It was our lead off segment and we talked about mk9 and competing in tourneys in general.

He asked me questions about how I got involved, how others could get involved etc etc but he's mentioned to me that if the segment receives any feedback it could become a weekly thing on our show.

lol and yea the NFG rankings were mentioned as well as tom brady and MLG as well as grass root tourneys. Wish I had more time though

I gave a huge shout out to testyourmight as the definitive source for all your mk and esport needs

It's a pre produced/pre recorded show (we record every friday at 11am) and it airs 6pm-7pm near Atlanta

You can listen online tonight, as I will, at WCHMRADIO.Com since 99% of you dont live in atlanta

The other segments discussed on the show are sports related (because it is after all a Sports talk show) Hawks Playoff failure/team, Cole Hamels debacle, TuPac at Cochella and how we could use this for Sports and College playoff system thoughts.

We almost got to Hockey but ill say it now, Esports beat out hockey on our outline

Anyway thought i'd share as well as receive any criticism from sports guys. This was my 2nd week on the show and the co host and i are still getting use to each other's style to better our whole show. Chemistry is huge

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011
This is fricken awesome. Im not surprised it beat hockey, especially with a team like the Thrashers lol. Its awesome because talking about something such as MK9 and even the FGC in general is pretty easy because theres so much to talk about. Not just performances in tourneys but unlike most sports you can discuss strategies and MUs. In sports the player can choose to do whatever they want whereas characters are limited to their set capabilities.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
God I can totally see Pig in radio...he is so charismatic and has a wonderful voice. I love Atlanta!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
God I can totally see Pig in radio...he is so charismatic and has a wonderful voice. I love Atlanta!

<3 !!!!!!!

I'm still getting my feet wet and looking to grow a little

Talking w friends about sports vs radio is different in an odd way so I'm still looking for that comfort zone where I can merge the two

Thanks runway!!!!

I really hope I can do more esport segments

<3 !!!!!!!

I'm still getting my feet wet and looking to grow a little

Talking w friends about sports vs radio is different in an odd way so I'm still looking for that comfort zone where I can merge the two

Thanks runway!!!!

I really hope I can do more esport segments
Fgc radio would be kool as hell.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Spletty

Grandmaster
This is awesome stuff, esports blowin up.
I should be on the radio, I mean I have the face for it.
(Get it guys? Get it?)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2