What's new

mk9 lacks in air game strategy

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Kung Lao has dive kicks.

Cyber Sub has dive kicks.

Sindel, Kabal, Liu Kang, Mileena, Skarlet and kitana all have ranged attacks which can work in the air.

Ermac has his little... air blast thing?

Mileena has her pink kick thing which gets someone in the air.

Kano, Scorpion, Sonya, Smoke, Jax all have air throws.

Not all characters have am air game this is true. But some live by it. Characters like kitana, mileena, and even sektor to an extent live for airborne shananagins.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Sasuga

Dojo Trainee
It's true that basic attacks are somewhat if not exactly the same. On top of that, each character only has 2 different basic attacks in air. Where 4 different basic attacks would have added another dimension in basic air-to-air combat.

Sent from my urinal cabinet

hardwire

Noob
smoke has a great air game

he can throw you or hit you and teleport all over you

basicly what ive seen is if some one uses smoke you should never and i mean never follow smoke into the air that is where he is a true beast (if we still had otg he would be gdlk)

the only other fighter that can match smoke in the air is kung lau and even he has a hard time doing it.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
MK just lacks,

be that the MK community or gameplay/balance flaws – it says it all: no need to discuss it further, really.

/thread

_

leek

Noob
Kung Lao has dive kicks.

Cyber Sub has dive kicks.

Sindel, Kabal, Liu Kang, Mileena, Skarlet and kitana all have ranged attacks which can work in the air.

Ermac has his little... air blast thing?

Mileena has her pink kick thing which gets someone in the air.

Kano, Scorpion, Sonya, Smoke, Jax all have air throws.
this.

OP are you kidding? I bet you play like scorpion or something <.<

besides that, i'd rather it not be MvC3 and have to smash my controller in order to win.. I prefer staying grounded at LEAST 50% of the time...

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
what about air to air? if you both jump into each other theres combos you can do before they hit the ground, not only is it fun to do it's something a lot of players just don't do giving you the advantage.

considering countering jumps takes a lot of patience id say the air game in mk's pretty sound.

Niflheim

Noob
I don't need a bunch of teleporting Kamikamihas in MK. I'm fine with the air-to-air game as it is, though four different attacks would be better.

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
MK just lacks,

be that the MK community or gameplay/balance flaws – it says it all: no need to discuss it further, really.

/thread

_
So... What is your deal, exactly? Are you still butthurt because a bunch of people called you on being a retard when you implied Slips placing top 32 at Evo meant nothing?

grandabx

The Flameater
I don't need a bunch of teleporting Kamikamihas in MK. I'm fine with the air-to-air game as it is, though four different attacks would be better.
the BASIC attacks are what i'm talking about(sorry for not being specific). all useful air basics consist of are jump back kick and crossover punch. that's a major problem when it comes to depth. adding a couple basic and command normals(unique to each character) would do so much more for the game's strategic element. each character will also have more of an unique identity instead of feeling a bit like clone of everyone else. more options = an even better game.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
It's true that basic attacks are somewhat if not exactly the same. On top of that, each character only has 2 different basic attacks in air. Where 4 different basic attacks would have added another dimension in basic air-to-air combat.

Sent from my urinal cabinet
Everything that needs to be said has been so... lol at your post xD

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
the BASIC attacks are what i'm talking about(sorry for not being specific). all useful air basics consist of are jump back kick and crossover punch. that's a major problem when it comes to depth. adding a couple basic and command normals(unique to each character) would do so much more for the game's strategic element. each character will also have more of an unique identity instead of feeling a bit like clone of everyone else. more options = an even better game.
Characters sharing basic normals is something universal across many fighting games. Theres nothing wrong with it.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I get what you're saying OP. You look at say, Street Fighter and everyone has different normals for their air game. MK on the other hand, has jump punch and jump kick, and they don't differ from character to character.

BUT... i'm personally okay with that. If I had a huge problem with it I probably wouldn't play the game. Not saying this refers to you, but, so many people are so spoiled with fixes, internet feedback, being able to "tweet" game devs, etc, that people don't just play the game for what it is. Everyone seems to think they know how to fix the game. Kinda sad.