What's new

MK9 keeps freezing on startup?

Hey guys,

Recently when I've tried to start up MK it freezes after the Gamespy logo has come up? I've tried deleting game data, save data etc, but to no avail. I don't want to have to restore my PS3, but if it's the only way that will fix it.. then I guess I have no choice? Unless there is a better alternative.

Try starting it offline if you haven't before anything else.
That's the thing, I can't even get to the menu to even try that unfortunately. It just goes through the logos, netherstudios, then when it gets to Gamespy it crashes. I just don't understand why it would do this all of a sudden, and the disc is in perfect condition.

Somberness

Lights
That's the thing, I can't even get to the menu to even try that unfortunately. It just goes through the logos, netherstudios, then when it gets to Gamespy it crashes. I just don't understand why it would do this all of a sudden, and the disc is in perfect condition.
Could be a problem with the hard drive, it might be trying to cache some stuff at that point. I know I had bunch of freezes with the game when I was trying to load a stage, pretty sure it was the particular X360 hard drive. It started to say the disc was dirty when running off of it. :confused:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I had this problem before, I looked at the disc there was a fingerprint on it, I quickly wiped it off with my tshirt and my game loaded just fine.

Well thank you for the responses and advice guys. I put in MK and it didnt work, so I tried SFIV and that worked considering it has loads of mini scratches on it whereas MK doesn't. Anyway, I gave the MK disc a clean, popped it in and its working again.. so weird! I also did a quick format, so maybe that helped somewhat.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It's been doing that to me with my PS3, which is strange because I get no problems on my 360...some goofy shit...

My Xbox disc was doing that. I used compound polish on the disc, but it only helped it get to the menu. So I had to go buy a used copy of the game, save it to my hard drive, and return the game. Since it can at least recognize the disc as mortal kombat it allows me to run it of the hard drive.