What's new

MK9 KE Desynchronizing on PSN

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
I've been in contact with Warner Bros. and Sony, but neither have been able to resolve the issue, which is that my copy MK9 Komplete Edition desynchronizing online. Bought it a month ago, played 150 matches without a problem, then it started to drop due to desynch, and now I'm lucky to play a dozen matches without getting dropped. Most people I'm playing are also using the Komp Ed. but they're not having this issue. I exchanged the disc for another new copy, no help. I bought a used copy of the original game, downloaded all the patches and compatibility packs, and it also desynched, so I returned it and focused on the system and network. First thing I did was connect to the router, then directly to the modem, but it still dropped. So then I:

- restored the PS3 File System
- cleared the Game Data Utility
- assigned the PS3 to a Static IP
- Enabled the DMZ on the router (Linksys WRT54G)
- Enabled QoS on router
- entered PS3 MAC Address
- assigned it Highest Priority
- assigned Port 1 (PS3) High Priority
- rebooted everything

Still desynching. So I Disabled UPnP on the PS3, but didn't help. At this point I don't know what else to try. Warner Bros. says it's the PS3, and Sony says it the game server. No one knows what's wrong. Any input?

It isn't the netcode's fault.

If it were, you'd be getting laggy games, which would disconnect at the character select, as it loads, start of the match, or mid match with the message "The Game is No Longer Available"

"The Game has desynchronized" is another problem, usually dealing with your end, not the servers. I'm 100% positive it's your internet provider's NAT TYPE, call them, im sure it is CLOSED right now, but the NAT type needs to be OPEN

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
It isn't the netcode's fault. If it were, you'd be getting laggy games, which would disconnect at the character select, as it loads, start of the match, or mid match with the message "The Game is No Longer Available." "The Game has desynchronized" is another problem, usually dealing with your end, not the servers. I'm 100% positive it's your internet provider's NAT TYPE, call them, im sure it is CLOSED right now, but the NAT type needs to be OPEN
So far you have been the only one with anything constructive to say about this, MrM. I appreciate it. However, as I stated in the thread on MKU my NAT Type was and has been 2, which is open. I even went one better and plugged directly into the modem, which made it a NAT 1--more open than NAT 2. Then I went ever further and used the DMZ on the router and assigned the PS3 to it, which means all ports were as open as they're very going to be, but still desynched.

So far you have been the only one with anything constructive to say about this, MrM. I appreciate it. However, as I stated in the thread on MKU my NAT Type was and has been 2, which is open. I even went one better and plugged directly into the modem, which made it a NAT 1--more open than NAT 2. Then I went ever further and used the DMZ on the router and assigned the PS3 to it, which means all ports were as open as they're very going to be, but still desynched.
Yeah, I would still give them a cool. Different ISP's could have different guidelines for their users. My friend had this issue with Uncharted 2, even though her NAT type was 2, she called and they did something and it was fixed.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
Yeah, I would still give them a cool. Different ISP's could have different guidelines for their users. My friend had this issue with Uncharted 2, even though her NAT type was 2, she called and they did something and it was fixed.
Okay. I'm calling them now. Since you brought it up, are some routers better than others for online gaming? My router is six years old with the last firmware update in 2009, so it may be sub-par for working with the PSN. I'm going to research DD-WRT Linux firmware as a possibility now...

Okay. I'm calling them now. Since you brought it up, are some routers better than others for online gaming? My router is six years old with the last firmware update in 2009, so it may be sub-par for working with the PSN. I'm going to research DD-WRT Linux firmware as a possibility now...
lmfao it could be your router. i use a 2wire modem, which is also a wireless router but i always have my ps3 wired to my modem

aj1701

Noob
I use a DLINK DIR-655 and it seems to work great. But I don't think they make it anymore. I've had really good experience with DLink though, only one router I had that was just so f'ed I had to return it for a different model. Everything else (including their cards) has been solid.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Despite all of the talk about hard wiring your PS3 to your router/modem, I have never really had any serious desync issues using my wirelessly connected PS3...from across the apartment, with 2 iPhones connected to the network. I am led to believe that your issue is with your ISP or your ancient router , as your local infrastructure is much better than mine, and I can't remember my last desynch. It never happens to me, no matter what kind of traffic I have on my home network. Mr. Mil, was our connection passable this morning? I thought so. Good luck, dude. Your cheapest/easiest option is to go to BestBuy, spend the $50 on a new router and return it if it doesn't make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aj1701

Noob
Despite all of the talk about hard wiring your PS3 to your router/modem, I have never really had any serious desync issues using my wirelessly connected PS3...from across the apartment, with 2 iPhones connected to the network. I am led to believe that your issue is with your ISP or your ancient router , as your local infrastructure is much better than mine, and I can't remember my last desynch. It never happens to me, no matter what kind of traffic I have on my home network. Mr. Mil, was our connection passable this morning? I thought so. Good luck, dude. Your cheapest/easiest option is to go to BestBuy, spend the $50 on a new router and return it if it doesn't make a difference.
With wireless it can depend on where you live. I have like 10 other wireless networks in my neighborhood, plus if there's electrical activity in the air (static, thunder storm) it can go south.

Even when my wireless connection was good, it still didn't beat my wired connection. It makes a huge different. If you can, wire your PS3, you might be suprised how big of a difference it can make. It would be faster and more consistent.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I might knick a cat3 cable from work this week and see if I notice a difference. Add me on PSN and evaluate our connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
Okay. Let me say this in response to all the replies here: I've been playing MK online for 6 years (both wired and wireless) without issue, that includes MKD/A on the original XBox, MKD on the PS2, MKvsDCU on the PS3, and MK9 on the 360. It's only now with MK9 that I'm having desynchs. Warner Bros suggestion is that I try it on another system and network, which is what I did this evening. It was a new PS3 on a wireless network with 100% signal strength and no history of lag/discos/desynchs, and the fucker played like shit and desynched! It is not my PS3 or network. It is not the disc. What does that leave? The server for the game. I'm waiting for a response from Warn Bros tech on this, and I'll of course post here (and on MKU and Shoryuken) what happens.

For the record, a wired connection is great, but a wireless connection isn't bad either. I had many great games in the past year on the 360 playing wirelessly. I would prefer wired, but it isn't mandatory.

aj1701

Noob
Okay. Let me say this in response to all the replies here: I've been playing MK online for 6 years (both wired and wireless) without issue, that includes MKD/A on the original XBox, MKD on the PS2, MKvsDCU on the PS3, and MK9 on the 360. It's only now with MK9 that I'm having desynchs. Warner Bros suggestion is that I try it on another system and network, which is what I did this evening. It was a new PS3 on a wireless network with 100% signal strength and no history of lag/discos/desynchs, and the fucker played like shit and desynched! It is not my PS3 or network. It is not the disc. What does that leave? The server for the game. I'm waiting for a response from Warn Bros tech on this, and I'll of course post here (and on MKU and Shoryuken) what happens.

For the record, a wired connection is great, but a wireless connection isn't bad either. I had many great games in the past year on the 360 playing wirelessly. I would prefer wired, but it isn't mandatory.
Well are you in the country with no on around, a suburb or in the city? That can make a big difference. Also it could be you don't notice a difference b/c your internet connection itself is not fast.

Could you give more details about your setup?

For example, this is me:
20MB sync FTTH
1GB router
PS3 on a GB switch which is connected to the router
QOS setup to prioritize everything to / from PS3 at highest priorty

Hometown :

NYC (Optimum):

LA (Internode):

I think I have the same problem as the OP but instead of Mortal Kombat, this happens to me very frequently in SSF4 AE. When I try to engage in ranked matches I usually get 1/5 desynchronize , which says "unable to connect" or something like that.

I think it has only happened to me once on MK.