What's new

MK9: Get Knocked Down...watch what happens.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
I'm sorry but the oki in this game is really driving me up a wall, today in particular. Im not even just talking about wake up attacks. Sometimes there are times where I am knocked down, and i do Reptiles elbow dash, and it beats a move that should just outright stop it like the active frames of a normal. But the elbow dash will go through it like it has armor. and then sometimes, if i do a reasonable wakeup attack, like a slide, it gets beat out by the active frames of that same move...but its the attack thats SUPPOSED to be invisible. Listen I'm not blaming all of my shortcomings on the game, only some to inconsistencies within the engine..hell im even going to blame my wins as some of the most bullshit things I've seen in a while.

If i do a f2 as reptile, if seen it beat subs slide wakeup and ermac's tele-slam. But not consistently which is the problem. I've lost many matches because i was knocked down. And not a knockdown like in a game like SF where if i guess i lose... I'm guessing right and still losing. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I just really want this game to be less of a paradoxical game of rock papers, where rock beats scissors mainly..but can also beat paper at random times and places. I feel bad for characters who can't end strings with stagger.

/end rant.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Are you talking about when I swept you? Yeah, that's online only. I also sweep before your able to do the wake up attack. So by the time its out It beats your 5 frame dash? I need to get my girl to do certain moves so I can test them. Oh and dw. I die against ANY Jax online. And dash went through me at one point Lmaoo I was bugging out.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Are you talking about when I swept you? Yeah, that's online only. I also sweep before your able to do the wake up attack. So by the time its out It beats your 5 frame dash? I need to get my girl to do certain moves so I can test them. Oh and dw. I die against ANY Jax online. And dash went through me at one point Lmaoo I was bugging out.
naw sab im not really talking about our matches in particular. Our matches were fine. your smoke is getting really good. But i was testing some stuff with some buddies earlier and really just started to scratch my head.

GodsLonelyman

Kombatant
Don't be surprised if this happened online. Sounds typical actually. I've been low poked out of Johnny Cages super armor shadow kick, performed from mid screen. I shit you not. I've even been thrown before I land on the ground from an attempted jip, and the opponent did not have an air throw mind you, I'm talking regular throw.

Snolla

Noob
Don't be surprised if this happened online. Sounds typical actually. I've been low poked out of Johnny Cages super armor shadow kick, performed from mid screen. I shit you not. I've even been thrown before I land on the ground from an attempted jip, and the opponent did not have an air throw mind you, I'm talking regular throw.
I believe you on this. Online is pretty broken. You really only notice these things as you get better at the game. When you get to a high level, online is damn near unbearable.