What's new

MK9 & EGM

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Beat me to it Tim ;) hehe...I also have both. I'll post pics soon, but am still reading the article with MK history games etc and noticed Rain in the background of the temple and who is that other dude? I'm thinking shinnok or a shadow priest perhaps...

I went all over today to find this :)

X820

Noob
LOL I used to buy EGM when i was a kid, i had no idea it still existed :laugh:

Looking forward to pics / scans .

MKF30

@X820, EGM did die last year but came back recently with THIS issue being the "Komeback" issue and having MK(ironically) as their first issues after a year+ of being dead....

It's not the most popular vid game mag anymore by a long shot between GP and GI being overall better mags. But this time I have to admit, I think EGM finally got something right when it came to MK.

not really sure where to place this because i dont think it needs its own thread but ,,

that and im sure its old news and has been posted a few times (sorry)

MKF30

Are you serious dude ^? lol Digitized people are yesterday, photorealistic graphics are today ;)

Raiden's hat? lol Seems fine to me.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
shit with today's technology, they could make live actors look amazing in mk. i'm with you gamemk. the cartoonish characters are a turn off for me too. that is/was mk's niche. now it just looks like every other fighter out there(street fighter 4, tekken(fuckin yuck!), dead or alive(yuck) etc. not gonna stop me from playing...but it keeps the disappointment lingering.

MKF30

SF's style is cartoony, I agree hell everything else seems cartoony compared to MK lol just not MK's(talking since MKDC and MK9) not the 3D MK's which even the MK team admitted looked too cartoony for their taste but also live actors cost more money....now maybe now that WB has them, it's possible but certainly not before when they were still under Midway lol...

I still say MK 9 looks very realistic, look at the insides for gods sake?! that's so realistic at least FAR more then any other fighter with the insides, gore etc that it's crazy....

Unreal Technology and MK team=FTW! :)

reading this kind of stuff really takes me back to when I was a kid and MKII had just come out. The anticipation of getting the latest scoop on MKII and little teasers of hidden things (friendships, babalities, jade, smoke, etc) really got me chompin at the bit! Feels cool to have that back a little. Seems like the gaming community feels the same way.