What's new

MK2 - TOP 5 Things Above Average Players Should or Shouldn't Do Against Elites

Ththuvhul really has no hope. For the rest of you guys, I think it's just a matter of staying patient and trying to absorb what's getting you beat. I win the majority of my matches based on my opponents mistakes. Sometimes I force the mistakes, but alot of times they do punishable things out of impatience. Just try to stick to a ground based game as much as possible. Once you get your opponent's mind off of anti airs, you can get the occasional jump in.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
You need to like Mike said, jump less. Also, punish mistakes more. Against elites, I rarely get away with mistakes.
Against really good players though, I usually do get away with them.

See, it really comes down to just this.......how does each character handle a 'jump in'......? Do you mid punch or low kick? Elites know what to use and when. They won't tell you that though. That's something you gotta learn and remember. And it's slightly different for every character. That's the secret. Elites exploit this remarkably.

See, it comes down to this.......how does each character handle a 'jump in'......? Do you mid punch or low kick? Elites know what to use and when. They won't tell you that though. That's something you got know. And it's slightly different for every character. That's the secret. Elites exploit this remarkably.
haha. You're funny. Nobody is hiding anything for a 20 year old game.

Not hiding, but you gotta know the correct followups for jumpins. There are a few backups that elites have.......that everyone should know about, that i've seen......

Not hiding, but you gotta know the correct followups for jumpins. There are a few backups that elites have.......that everyone should know about, that i've seen......
That stuff just comes with the repetition of seeing the same scenarios over and over. No amount of reading tactics will really help with this.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sigh, MK2 confusion strikes again. Deleting all the crap from the thread now.

Though this could easily be said for any fighting game in general, have a clear and concise mind whilst playing people. Try to FORCE mistakes from your opponent so you can captilize on them and try to resituate yourself so you can analyze the situation. This is from spoken from a Above Average player, not sure if people can be called "elites" because they know how to do: (i.e: iAF, iFAN)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
1) Billy Bats says I should block more. (be patient for opportunity)
My best advice is just hope for lag. Which on ps3, should be EASY AS PIE to find!!
Lag negates the skills and advantages an elite player would have against you in a good connection.
So, just pray for lag (aka, simply play MK2 on ps3) and watch as you tear though Mark Coldwall!!

My best advice is just hope for lag. Which on ps3, should be EASY AS PIE to find!!
Lag negates the skills and advantages an elite player would have against you in a good connection.
So, just pray for lag (aka, simply play MK2 on ps3) and watch as you tear though Mark Coldwall!!
Very true. Because of lag, I managed to completely destroy one of the best players in the world recently. I was thankful for the lag because gamemk would be virtually unstoppable offline.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Very true. Because of lag, I managed to completely destroy one of the best players in the world recently. I was thankful for the lag because gamemk would be virtually unstoppable offline.
That's coz you use a lag switch. As do we all. Because we love lag so much and want to play in the worst fucking possible connection.

That's coz you use a lag switch. As do we all. Because we love lag so much and want to play in the worst fucking possible connection.
Yes I love my lag switch. I've actually gotten so good at using it that I can play with one hand while the other is on the lag switch. Sometimes I use my foot as a second hand too. His tactics were unlike anything I had ever seen, so without the lag switch I would've been screwed.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yes I love my lag switch. I've actually gotten so good at using it that I can play with one hand while the other is on the lag switch. Sometimes I use my foot as a second hand too. His tactics were unlike anything I had ever seen, so without the lag switch I would've been screwed.
You better watch out for splendormk9 though. He truly is the greatest player in lag of alltime.
My blindfolded sister could beat him in real time, but in lag, he's a world beater.
You should fly to Turkey and challenge him to a lag switch-off.

You better watch out for splendormk9 though. He truly is the greatest player in lag of alltime.
My blindfolded sister could beat him in real time, but in lag, he's a world beater.
I'm the greatest lag switcher of all time. No question.

LMAO i amma buy your plain tickets and we'll have a real sick challenges in zero lag. meanwhile it will be recording of course. kano is hardly dealing with me and who the hell are you? your mileena and air-condinitionering-fanned kitana wont work out on me. you are lucky cuz i dont live in US. but probably you wouldve found another excuses when you got beaten. anyway, i am equal with Kano. your equel with Kensidj.. lol damn it. sorry but its true.