What's new

MK2 HDTV help

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Just got a Sony 32" LCD 720p hdtv.
Everything on ps3 looks great except for MK2.
MKAK itself looks great, until I play the actual MK2 game.
It's pixelly and looks like the Super NES version. The characters' bodies are all jagged.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've changed the Display Settings to every different option, they all looked like shit for MK2. I've also changed basically every setting on PS3 related to HDtv. Also changed all the picture settings on the tv itself, nothing gets rid of the jaggedness.

Probably just taking the tv back if I can't get this figured. Extremely irritated...

nwo

Noob
Those classic MK games look better (smoother) on old school low resolution TV's. I got an old school Sony 32 inch off craigslist for $40, thats the TV I play UMK3 on and the game looks like its supposed to.

I have no clue why only MK2 would look like shit though and not the others.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
It was actually all the MK games on MKAK that looked shitty.
Yet every video that guys post of MK2 tournament matches, the picture looks incredible on their HDtvs, I'm wondering if it's the 32" that are the problem for early MK games. All my recent games like Magic looked awesome.

Anyway I took the tv back. Pretty sure my friend's Vizio is 40+" and plays MK2 beautifully. Guess I'll have to test it out there again to be sure, and get that same model if I can find it. I didn't really want to go with Vizio, but if it works well, I'll do it.