What's new

Video/Tutorial MK2 - Beating very hard difficulty without using specials

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hi everyone. Been a long time since I've posted here. Recently I managed to beat the very hard difficulty without using a single special move. We all know Mortal Kombat 2 is one of the hardest single player fighting games ever made because the AI was designed to steal quarters. This video breaks down not only how to beat it, but make some characters look like complete chumps...on very hard...all without ever using a single special.

I recommend checking out the Shao Kahn fight as I'm pretty sure the strat used has never been done before, although I don't know if the SNES and Arcade AI are similar in this regard. Still cool to watch Kahn get abused.

This is part of a much larger project I've been doing over the last several years, but I felt you all would appreciate it. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
I see it says just to beat it on Very Hard with no special moves landing. is there any limit on continues?

because on your SNES it appears you got four continues, but on MAME arcade one could continue indefinitely. because I imagine part of why yours is quite impressive is you did it in no more than 4 continues MAX. it would still be semi-impressive even with quite a few continues, but I think what makes yours much more impressive is you did it with 4 continues MAX. because I suspect I 'may' eventually be able to beat it with no special moves, but... I think it's highly unlikely I would be able to do it in 4 continues or less like you did as I would be MANY continues (at least double digit, if not triple digit), and even then, I may or may not be able to pull it off as I am sure you are making it look much easier than it actually is.

even your 10 wins in a row with no special moves landing I would say it's VERY unlikely I would be able to do that.

Last edited:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I see it says just to beat it on Very Hard with no special moves landing. is there any limit on continues?

because on your SNES it appears you got four continues, but on MAME arcade one could continue indefinitely. because I imagine part of why yours is quite impressive is you did it in no more than 4 continues MAX. it would still be semi-impressive even with quite a few continues, but I think what makes yours much more impressive is you did it with 4 continues MAX. because I suspect I 'may' eventually be able to beat it with no special moves, but... I think it's highly unlikely I would be able to do it in 4 continues or less like you did as I would be MANY continues (at least double digit, if not triple digit), and even then, I may or may not be able to pull it off as I am sure you are making it look much easier than it actually is.

even your 10 wins in a row with no special moves landing I would say it's VERY unlikely I would be able to do that.
Personally, I don't care how many continues it takes you to do it, as long as you do it....but if you want to keep within the spirit of the challenge on the SNES, you need to do it within the given continue limit of 4. That said, there is a code you can enter on the character select screen that gives you 30 continues. Give it a shot either way and just see if you can pull it off :)

ded

Elder God
Nice stuff. You can beat Arcade, Genesis and 32X versions only with Jump Kicks, Sweeps and Low Kicks btw (i.e. using only LK and directions).

PC DOS - you just need to land to them and do elbow traps (does not work with Baraka from what i remember), as it was based on Revisions 2.

Reactions: MKB