What's new

Mk1's Kitana + Mileena face model found - Quynh Chi Nguyen

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Isnt "Kitano" a japanese surname or something? It thought "Kitana" was simply a linguistic corruption of that to make it sound female.

Isnt "Kitano" a japanese surname or something? It thought "Kitana" was simply a linguistic corruption of that to make it sound female.
While I don't know that, I can say that the character was originally supposed to be "Kitsun," Shang's daughter and an NPC from Mortal Kombat (1992).

Well, at least this time both of then looks amazing.

Sorry, I'm a total hater against both Kitana and Mileena in MK11. For me, was the worst version of both characters, both in gameplay and appareance.

Kitana didnt play like Kitana at all.

Tobias once said her name was supposed to be Kitsune, and she would be Shang Tsung's daughter, but they decided to scrap the name since Shang Tsung's name is chinese, and Kitsune is japanese.

Later in production, Shao Kahn came into play as her father with yet another chinese name, and in order to make her name "generically asian" they went for a mashup of the words Kitsune and Katana (which was a second considered name, but also japanese in origin), and that's how she became Kitana.