What's new

MK12 Unofficial Announcement

Comments

Can't see that happening. NRS has always been on the front of the fidelity race in the FGC. I expect it to be modern console only, maybe even not for PS5, but for the rumored PS5+ and high end PCs.
well lets move to ps5 then i have some time to got the money ...godaam NRS

I expect it to be modern console only, maybe even not for PS5, but for the rumored PS5+ and high end PCs.
It'll be on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S for sure. For PC, NetherRealm doesn't handle the PC ports, and Mortal Kombat 11 was actually far easier on the requirements than Mortal Kombat X was (since a more skilled company handled it's port). A mid-range PC will likely run the game without issue and still look great.

As for a new PlayStation rumours, at best it'll likely be a "slim" version, if even. The cost vs performance of silicon hasn't drastically changed, so releasing a mid-gen refresh right now makes 0 sense, especially considering this generation still hasn't properly taken off.

Digital Foundry expects there will be no mid-gen refresh this generation, and at best we'll get "slim" versions later in the generational life cycle. Time will tell, of course.

Well I cracked and bought a PS5 last week so guess I'm set either way lmao.
Nice. The quality-of-life upgrades over last gen, especially the loading times, are great.

So you have any PlayStation 4 games that are "enhanced" for PlayStation 5 that you'll be able to try out right away?

Nice. The quality-of-life upgrades over last gen, especially the loading times, are great.

So you have any PlayStation 4 games that are "enhanced" for PlayStation 5 that you'll be able to try out right away?
I haven't done much but play Ragnarok which is a PS5 game so I can't say. But I have to reinstall the games I want regardless nothing came installed that was already on my ps4. Though the download times are super quick, there's barely any loading time like Jynks said and it's a much smoother experience than the PS4 every was when you get used to the UI. Games look incredible, especially on a good gaming monitor. Don't regret the purchase at all.

Dunno if the image will share in full quality but I'll try:

Last edited:
I haven't done much but play Ragnarok which is a PS5 game so I can't say. But I have to reinstall the games I want regardless nothing came installed that was already on my ps4. Though the download times are super quick, there's barely any loading time like Jynks said and it's a much smoother experience than the PS4 every was when you get used to the UI. Games look incredible, especially on a good gaming monitor. Don't regret the purchase at all.

Dunno if the image will share in full quality but I'll try:
Very cool. And yeah, just signing in to your account wouldn't automatically download your games. On PlayStation 5, don't you have to download the PlayStation 4 version, then "buy" the PlayStation 5 "upgrade" in the store, and then download that too? I heard that's how it was for DOOM Eternal.

For God of War: Ragnarok, interesting fact: according to the developers, it's actually a PlayStation 4 game that they enhanced for PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5. It's not a next gen game but firmly cross-gen like so many other big titles right now.

The only truly current generation game I own myself is A Plague Tale: Requiem.

Edit: Your screenshot looks great, by the way.

On PlayStation 5, don't you have to download the PlayStation 4 version, then "buy" the PlayStation 5 "upgrade" in the store, and then download that too? I heard that's how it was for DOOM Eternal.
No... you just out in a ps4 game and it downloads the ps5 update free. Also, the "upgraded" ps4 games with better textures and stuff are also free. So if you go into a store and see a ps5 version of Doom Eternal for 50 bucks and then see a Ps4 version in the bargain bin for 5 bucks... they are identical, as the "enhanced gfx" are included in the update patch.

No... you just out in a ps4 game and it downloads the ps5 update free. Also, the "upgraded" ps4 games with better textures and stuff are also free. So if you go into a store and see a ps5 version of Doom Eternal for 50 bucks and then see a Ps4 version in the bargain bin for 5 bucks... they are identical, as the "enhanced gfx" are included in the update patch.
Ah, okay. So if you have the digital PlayStation 4 version of, say, God of War: Ragnarok, do you download that and then go to the store and "buy" the free patch? Or does it automatically download the PlayStation 5 patch?

Ah, okay. So if you have the digital PlayStation 4 version of, say, God of War: Ragnarok, do you download that and then go to the store and "buy" the free patch? Or does it automatically download the PlayStation 5 patch?
You gotta download the upgrade I think in the store, if I understood correctly.

No... it will download and patch it automatically, but you need a play account to get the ps5 to connect to the internet at all.... playPlus is the subscription one.

Cool, thanks both. It's cool to hear how the process works.

@Vslayer Welcome to current gen, both in the console and the PC space. I expect 2023 is the year where last gen consoles will be phased out, so it should be a good year!