What's new

MK11 cut skins/cosmetics

Gamer68

Fujin!

On was looking at the MK Warehouse and noticed that there are actually renders of skins that aren't actually in the game. Maybe they were cut because NRS just didn't like them, or maybe we will see them again some day? By the way, I don't know if this is ALL the cut stuff -- it's just what I've noticed so far.

SCORPION SKINS

Looks like they were going to give Scorpion the Sub-Zero approach and allow you to use palettes from other ninjas in the series, including Rain, Reptile, and Ermac. You'll also notice that there were multiple variants of each of these skins, just like the ones that are in the base game. This means they were all probably planned to be in the game at one point. I'm okay with these being cut, but I do miss the MK4 Scorpion aka Wolverine palette. It was even in the beta, but for some reason it's missing in the final game.

FROST SKINS

So, it looks like at one point Frost really was going to have a skin that made her bald. In the roster leak that happened in pre-release, Frost's character select portrait showed her bald but we all figured that was just because she was unfinished. I guess that's still possible, but I don't see why they would make 10 versions of an unfinished skin and take high quality renders of them all. Usually if something is unfinished they just use a placeholder until it's done. Maybe after everyone saw the leak and complained about how Frost didn't have any hair, they changed the skin?

JACQUI BRIGGS SKINS

Here you can see Jacqui with very short hair. There's only two renders and each is technically from a different skin, so unlike Frost which had 10 colors for just one skin and may have been planned to be an actual skin in the game, I think these are a couple early renders to use as placeholders or something. That, or there are just missing renders of all the other colors which is possible.

Anyway, that is what I've found. There could be more that I missed, but there are a lot of skins in MK11 and I'm not familiar with ALL of them, so it's hard for me to tell what isn't in the game for sure.

mook

Noob
Cool shit my man!

The fact that there is really any damning dlc stuff in the files of the PC, (other than the 19 dlc character thing), makes me think the people who handled the Switch port really fucked up badly.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Off topic but not... has anyone actually looked at some of the concept art? Some of those designs look absolutely amazing yet didn’t make it in the game. Jade’s revenant designs blow away what made it into the final game — except the one where she had a mohawk! :eek: Jacqui’s also look great and makes you wonder how they went from that to a derivative Mass Effect look. Garas looks totally different (and better) in his art. I’d love for any of these to be made into skins.