What's new

MK10 Cross platform online multiplayer?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
With the announcement of MK10 being released on next gen and last gen consoles, could we see the potential of a cross platform online multiplayer? ps4 and ps3 users being able to play against one another and X1 / 360 players also the same.

In some ways having the game been released on ps3 is a blessing since ps3 has free online play. Where as x1, ps4 and xbox 360 have paid subscripions.

What are your thoughts on this?

Haze

Noob
would be great to be able 2 play every1 on all platforms(not region locked) but that seems highly unlikely

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Nope. Ps3 and ps4 online runs on different architecture. If they can't do it with Fifa, I doubt mk will. Don't worry, it's my dream as well.

E

Eldriken

would be great to be able 2 play every1 on all platforms(not region locked) but that seems highly unlikely
Yeeeah. Good luck with that. Microsoft would NEVER allow that to be possible in regards to Sony being involved.

They have very, very strict policies when it comes to that and it's those same policies that have caused certain games to not get released on their consoles.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is too complex and tricky for anyone these days, not just nrs as to why you hardly see it done.

Would be cool though.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Ok but MKX will be on Unreal 4... so the graphics will be way heavier than that game...
MKX is UE3, that dude who said it was UE4 was talking about something else.

On topic, I don't think NRS will, I doubt it's a priority, I also doubt they are even working on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, they are probably going to be out sourced like every other MK port.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
All I ask for is a good online experience like I have had with KI. If it can do better than KI online wise, great but at least be as good as KI online play.

If they did cross platform, I could see the issues with it. Maybe in a few years but for now I want amazing online play.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
MKX is UE3, that dude who said it was UE4 was talking about something else.

On topic, I don't think NRS will, I doubt it's a priority, I also doubt they are even working on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, they are probably going to be out sourced like every other MK port.
Ah okay nevermind then.

Still though, the engine is much heavier than what GG has to offer.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Its actually possible, I read recently the new GG game will be cross platform on both PS3 and PS4, but who knows I really doubt it. MS and Sony haven't exactly been playing nice with each other.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Ah okay nevermind then.

Still though, the engine is much heavier than what GG has to offer.
I think it's possible, but a lot more difficult to achieve for MK10. Bigger games than GG have accomplished such a feat, but I don't see NRS giving the effort. I was just letting the people know it's possible that claim it isn't.

With the announcement of MK10 being released on next gen and last gen consoles, could we see the potential of a cross platform online multiplayer? ps4 and ps3 users being able to play against one another and X1 / 360 players also the same.

In some ways having the game been released on ps3 is a blessing since ps3 has free online play. Where as x1, ps4 and xbox 360 have paid subscripions.

What are your thoughts on this?
I would not be surprised, Guilty Gear XRD was announced cross platform.