What's new

MK1 Tag Team Mode Gameplay (Potential Future Gamemode)

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
About a month ago, MK modder ermaccer accidently found a potentially scrapped/work in progress MK9 style tag team game mode.

From the description of his first tag video:
"I've managed to find a method to use normal characters instead of kameos - and it turns out when that's done a dedicated MK9 like tag mode kicks in! The only modded thing is the forced normal character instead of kameo, rest is official code/logic."

He also mentions that it was updated in a recent patch :eek:

From the description of his recent tag video:
"This is not accessible normally in the game at all at the moment, it was updated (with some patch, didnt pinpoint) as forward throws no longer crash the game (they just do nothing now). Still no breakers or fatal blows though."

Obviously take what he says with a pinch of salt, but IF it is true that it was updated in a recent patch it could mean that the game mode was not scrapped and is still in the works for future release.

Considering the characters have their own unique 'tag in' 'tag out' animations as well as the separate health bars, I think it's safe to assume this isn't just a coincidence from swapping out the kameo fighters.

Also the fact there's no forward throws, breakers or fatal blows makes sense because they would need their own unique animations for this which may not be finished yet or may just not be in the current version of the game.

Anyway here's the videos I mentioned:

As well as some combos I found on Twitter from people trying out the game mode themselves:

If this mode does get added in the future what duo are you using?
Deadly Alliance? Shaolin Monks? Omni-lander? :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
NGL some of that actually looks better than Kameos LOL! But my first guess would be the opposite, that it was being worked on and scrapped for Kameos. But then I'm not sure why it was updated in a patch. Would be pretty cool if it was added later down the line. Those tags seemed pretty seamless so it feels like it would have to become the new competitive mode if it arrived.