What's new

mk1 (rev. 5) Recovery Cancels After Being Thrown

AC1984

Kaballin!
Can you explain a little bit the purpose of these cancels and is there something tricky in the performance???

If you do them, u can "sometimes" catch your opponent off gard with no blocking - and u can hit them with a surprise. Its blockable in most scenarios except cage,s corner scenario - this one is inescapable vs some caracters with slow animation recoveries.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can do this after being hit by Raiden's Superman move too. Makes him think twice about using it because even if it hits he gets hit too lol

X820

Noob
Eventhough there very few players that play MK1, you still stick with it, no matter what.

Props to you for sharing your knowledge, who knows maybe one day it will blow back life into this game.

You're the man :)

X820

Noob
The Soultaker said:
Time fades even legends...
Very true, but you never know, both the UMK3 and MK2 scene died and came back again.

MK2 is dying again.

With the HD release coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if MK1 got some sort of mass attention once more.

X820 said:
Very true, but you never know, both the UMK3 and MK2 scene died and came back again.

MK2 is dying again.

With the HD release coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if MK1 got some sort of mass attention once more.
Tell me more of the HD releases.How they gonna make them ,will there be new things in the games like new characters,backgrounds and new special moves?

X820

Noob
The Soultaker said:
Tell me more of the HD releases.How they gonna make them ,will there be new things in the games like new characters,backgrounds and new special moves?
Nohing is known to this day, other then that they are remaking the first 3 games.

Hopefully they will 'just' HD the originals and leave the rest untouched.

X820 said:
Nohing is known to this day, other then that they are remaking the first 3 games.

Hopefully they will 'just' HD the originals and leave the rest untouched.
It will be good if they left the gameplay as it is,not to add some weird'o stuff...

AC1984

Kaballin!
I tried some of the stuff and it actually worked. Cage's kick, Liu's kick are easy....However some of the projectiles are very hard to time for some reason. Any tips here from the pros?

AC1984 said:
I tried some of the stuff and it actually worked. Cage's kick, Liu's kick are easy....However some of the projectiles are very hard to time for some reason. Any tips here from the pros?
These stuffs are good versus new inexperienced players ,but vs a good player it is very punishable.

AC1984 said:
Its just timing when u press it. Its same patters for all the moves. Projectiles are not exception :)