What's new

MK1 Future SPOILERS discussion so far

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
WARNING

If you genuinely care about data mining and confirmed features and characters added, get outta here, this thread is Chaosrealm, baby.

With that out of the way, I saw on google while researching, an old thread on here discussing MK1/MK11 Datamines and leaks, figured I should make a clear concise "Where we are at so far" leakwise a year later thread for those interested to see how they mop the floor of MK1 doodoo. I also have been seeing alot of misinformation online past official reddit/4chan leaks (with actual proof from credible leakers) and i don't want anyone thinking Doomslayer may happen (as badass as that would be) just to get thier hopes down.

False Leaks

First we'll go over the fanfictions. About a month or so pre game release, there was a thread on 4chan about the following characters

This was being talked about ALOT, but most of the credible guys on Reddit said although some of these were talked about, KP2 is nothing like this. There was even another post a week or so after launch claiming The Shredder would be in the game as well? You can find clickbait all over youtube on that one. Sheesh.
Then came the datamining at launch, and it had alot of information. This adding up with Ed announcing at CCXP that this game will have more support and another story expansion, its safe to say this is all one road now.

(Also real quick; how the shit did this happen twice? Why leave the voice diolouges between charcacters in the games code? That's a dead giveaway and it happened in MK11 as well, when Skynet was discussed. We obviously knew it was The Terminator)

Datamine. The character diolouges and refrences with others in the cast lead to this in total:

This is simply a summary of what was found, the many voice diolouges are spread throughout the internet due to fast mod deletion, but youtube videos have them. Ill go over why and provide caps of the proof.

Cyrax

From some of the peacemaker and johnny cage diolouges, there is alot of flirtation, and hinting at "yellow". The ketchup and mustard remark is more then enough proof and with the flirting, poof. Cyrax is a girl now. From what random leakers have been saying, it is a Shaolin student who leaves to join the new Shirai Ryu, and is NOT part of the Lin Kuei. I've seen alot of people discuss this, What do yall make of it?

Noob

Again, kind of a dead giveaway. Since Black Noir is basically in a suit darker then Batmans. It is not an alternate timeline Bi Han, but an infected one, where according to the "aftermath" expansions story, Bi Han is corrputed and becomes Noob Saibot. Sektor then asks Liu Kang for help while he stays as the subsititue grandmaster. Speaking of whom,

Sektor

This was missed by alot of people, but according to Fate_Unknown, one of the most accurate MK leakers, this is NOT Sektor in Sub Zero's arcade ending, not at all. Sektor is the one responsible for the Cyber Initiative being "The Master Armorer of the Lin Kuei", but in this verse, it seems they will retain thier humanity, and still be ninjas. I cannot express enough how badass it is gonna be playing as Human Sektor again.
(The entire story diolouge captured so far will be at the bottom last)

Jade

Some of her diolouges came out with certain characters next to Janet's quotes. With Liu Kang Refrencing her as "Countess Jade" to Kitana in current dialogue, she is most likely a safe bet as well, although this time she is no longer Sindel's daughter.

Cassie Cage

We all saw the models for the Kombat Kids in the Battle of Armageddon in the story mode, but although ive looked everywhere, she does not have much story onto how shes even here. Takeda is the cousin of Kenshi, and Kung Jin is referenced as being interested in Kenshi's old lifestyle as a Yakuza in the diolouges we have now, but there is no mention to Cassie existing at all in this universe. She's the only one i see not making much sense into these leaks story wise.
If we are going on current logic and hints here, this makes no sense. Unless they kinda shoehorn her in as Johnny's ex wife's daughter, which is possible since Sonya and the Special Forces is no where to be found in the current plot.

Kung Jin

Ah boy, everyone's favorite not Green Arrow character. It's safe to say, like how Shujinko was a student at the shaolin in multiple mentioned arcade endings (Lao's, Raiden's) Jin will be too.

Now we got the good stuff.

Ghostface

If there's one thing NRS does well, it's listen to who we want as guest characters eventually. We used to laugh at Omni Man ideas, and Spawn hopes and dreams, and here they both are. To me, After Peter Weller reprised his role for Robocop, and Sly did for Rambo, anything is possible. The best proof i can find too is Scream VII coming out next year, just in time for the release similar to how Homelander will come out before Takeda due to The Boys June 13th release date. How can he run the fade with a Fire God? Who cares!

The T-1000

Yeah im not reading that right either. The shit?
Well, there is two big pieces of evidence for this outlandish ass character

1. There is an intro diolouge (scrapped online pretty well along with Conan's from my couple hours of researching) where Peacemaker says "Holy shit! You look just like my dad!" Being a reference joke to the fact that the actor behind the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgement Day is the same actor who is Peacemaker's father in the HBO Max Show, Robert Patrick.

2. The Voice actor for Reptile during a podcast mentioned he coincided with Robert during a recording session!

Conan The Barbarian

This may be the most debatable character. So far, from Warner Brother rights, after seeing some dialogue online from various characters about "Broadswords" Some peeps are standing strong that this is Kotal, He-Man, or Conan. But dialogue also references quotes from the official Conan The Barbarian 1982 movie;

Quan Chi: "What grieves me most is that you murdered my pets. Error - Dialog Not Found"
Which is this from the movie:
Thulsa Doom: "You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake!"

NRS does this, especially with movies. Blade Runner was referenced between Johnny and Geras in MK11

Story expansion synopsis so far

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/16nkwxo
Well, that's all we got so far. Me personally? I really want Agent Smith, since Keanu Reeves added his disinterest of Neo in the MK universe. Besides the matrix CONSTATLY being refrenced by johnny and kenshi, even in nitaras arcade ending, it's a dream prediction for KP3.

We are all awhile from all of this however, if you made it this far, thanks for the read! What are your dream characters?

Attachments

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Would be criminal to include all the Kombat Kids but exclude Jacqui. I'd take this personally and go burn down NRS Studio if that happens. Not literally of course, but the point remains. Criminal.

Would be criminal to include all the Kombat Kids but exclude Jacqui. I'd take this personally and go burn down NRS Studio if that happens. Not literally of course, but the point remains. Criminal.
Jacqui and Takeda are the best ones indeed. Kung Jin is just SO boring to me but I can see why they would want him as he's a very unique archetype in MK with his bow.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Jacqui and Takeda are the best ones indeed. Kung Jin is just SO boring to me but I can see why they would want him as he's a very unique archetype in MK with his bow.
Yea I definitely feel Kung Jin was the most stale of the 4, they didn't give him too much to work with either, but his playstyle was pretty fun so hopefully they up his personality in MK1. It would seem weird to include the other 3 and leave Jacqui out, or include her later when the other 3 were already added lol. Maybe these leaks aren't fully legit, I don't know, but this would be a perfect time to bring them all back together if they were returning.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Im wondering if they will design Cyrax's specials/strings to be complimented by the Sektor Kameo, and vice versa. It seems Liu was made in a way that Lao is naturally a good kameo for him

Yea I definitely feel Kung Jin was the most stale of the 4, they didn't give him too much to work with either, but his playstyle was pretty fun so hopefully they up his personality in MK1. It would seem weird to include the other 3 and leave Jacqui out, or include her later when the other 3 were already added lol. Maybe these leaks aren't fully legit, I don't know, but this would be a perfect time to bring them all back together if they were returning.
Yeah I would hate to see Jacqui out specially after her MK11 version which I loved so much, some of those normal strings looked amazing, and her alternate skins were fire too.

Being honest, this leaked KP2 looks a little stale to me overall, I'm not a huge fan of these movie guests, and the only MK character immediately appealing to me is Jade. I'm veeeery excited about Cyrax, Sektor and Noob though, specially if the cyborgs are human version.

Will not complain much about KP2 cause I just love the base roster for this game, it has almost all my favorites, it would be criminal to even start complaining considering I'm even getting Jade out of this deal lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah I would hate to see Jacqui out specially after her MK11 version which I loved so much, some of those normal strings looked amazing, and her alternate skins were fire too.

Being honest, this leaked KP2 looks a little stale to me overall, I'm not a huge fan of these movie guests, and the only MK character immediately appealing to me is Jade. I'm veeeery excited about Cyrax, Sektor and Noob though, specially if the cyborgs are human version.

Will not complain much about KP2 cause I just love the base roster for this game, it has almost all my favorites, it would be criminal to even start complaining considering I'm even getting Jade out of this deal lol
Ghostface and especially Conan the Barbarian makes me feel like it can't be real LOL! But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be hype for T-1000. One of my all time favorite movie villains so it would be pretty hype for me to see him here.

If it wasn't for Jacqui I'm not sure I would have played MKX as long as I did so she's easily at the top of my list for a hopeful return. My fingers are crossed that she's still coming. I think you're getting Jade though, no way she's left out too long. The robots and Noob should be epic. Feel like if they replaced a couple of those guests with MK characters it would be a near perfect pack.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Jacqui will probably be a kameo like Tremor; she changes her gauntlets depending on the controller command.

Fire God Liu Kang/Titan Quan Chi should be added as kameos as a free DLC; MKX Quan attacks and MK11 Liu attacks.

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter

I think they wanted Takeda and Jin more because they were not in the previous games for quite literally no good reason lmao, cassie even denies telling his own damn grandmaster, scorpion, what the hell happened to him, and joker straight up has intros implying he murdered him.
My theory is that they'll honestly rework the characters since the Special Forces and Black Dragon don't exist. I think Cassie will be a cage fighter like how she was in the comics.