MK1 August Hotfix Patch Notes 8/21/2024

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Character Specific Adjustments
  • Main Fighters
    • Takeda
      • Increased active armor frames on Enhanced Swift Stride by 10
      • Shooting Star & (Air) Falling Star now hit Low (was Mid)
      • Swift Stride Phase now hits Mid (was Overhead)
  • Kameo Fighters
    • Frost (Kameo)
      • Sightly reduced Main Fighter recovery after Snow Flakes Cancel
      • Reduced recharge delay by 120 & slightly increased recharge rate after Snow Flakes and Frost now exits playfield 15 frames sooner
    • Tremor (Kameo)
      • Slightly increased recharge rate after Rolling Rock, Transmute Ground Pound, & Transmute Lava Burst
      • Increased recharge rate after Ground Pound, Transmute Rock Punch, & Transmute Rolling Rock
      • Increased recharge delay after Ground Pound by 30
      • Reduced recharge delay after Transmute Rock Punch by 50, Transmute rolling rock by 60, Transmute Lava Burst & Transmute Crystal Wall Punch by 40, and Transmute Crystal Armor by 180
    • Ferra (Kameo)
      • Reduced Health to 350 (down from 450)
      • Torr Stance: Slide! now has 5 less frames of blockstun

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Guess Ferra's low is now punishable and he isn't braindead anymore. At least on paper.
Still has a fair amount of push block so it's not auto punishable by every character, but it's still good just a bit more fair. Li Mei for example can punish it now by spending a bar with EXdb3.

Archgamer

Mortal
You can do oki with Ferra low mix and space it right to make it harder/impossible to punish on block. This is a fair trade.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Guess Ferra's low is now punishable and he isn't braindead anymore. At least on paper.
From what I can see only like three characters can punish it. And if spaced I don't know if anyone can. Should have made it like -20 like @Blakfellow suggested in the other thread or made it vacuum to be close range so everyone can punish it with standing normals. It's still incredibly dumb for BOTH options to be safe launchers. One option should be easily launch punishable and the other safe.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
If low Ferra is done point blank, its definitely punishable by the full cast - its not going to be super guaranteed online, but spend some time practicing it and its relatively consistent. It helps to buffer your dash during blockstun then immediately jab.

Good patch, but not enough. Ferra's general design is still just dumb, the full cast having access to 33/33/33s is just not fun

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If low Ferra is done point blank, its definitely punishable by the full cast - its not going to be super guaranteed online, but spend some time practicing it and its relatively consistent. It helps to buffer your dash during blockstun then immediately jab.

Good patch, but not enough. Ferra's general design is still just dumb, the full cast having access to 33/33/33s is just not fun
Yea but does like, anyone, do it point blank? Lol reminds me of the old Fatal Blows that only if someone did it directly in your balls you could punish it but anything else you were screwed.

wsj515

Yea but does like, anyone, do it point blank? Lol reminds me of the old Fatal Blows that only if someone did it directly in your balls you could punish it but anything else you were screwed.
I mean it does happen a lot IMO, especially if its not scorpion, but now we're adding even more to the mental stack lol. Despite some people on here saying its "fake" we see stuff like Nitara b4 xx Ferra all the time, and that should be punishable now - no less degenerate though, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes unpunished more than punished in real matches

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I mean it does happen a lot IMO, especially if its not scorpion, but now we're adding even more to the mental stack lol. Despite some people on here saying its "fake" we see stuff like Nitara b4 xx Ferra all the time, and that should be punishable now - no less degenerate though, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes unpunished more than punished in real matches
Yea at least stuff like that can be punished consistently that's gonna be a good plus. Ferra is in a weird spot now where I dunno if it feels busted for what should be happening in the game, but also feels like for a lot of characters Ferra would be superior to many kameos. Not really sure if there's a way out lol.

wsj515

Yea at least stuff like that can be punished consistently that's gonna be a good plus. Ferra is in a weird spot now where I dunno if it feels busted for what should be happening in the game, but also feels like for a lot of characters Ferra would be superior to many kameos. Not really sure if there's a way out lol.
I think I'm over the MK1 design direction of base characters being mediocre by themselves, and then having kameos being busted - though DLC characters seem to often break the mold. Its clearly too hard to balance kameos into really strong niches - some just end up being universally stronger than others, and you end up seeing those few the majority of the time.

Trini_Bwoi

Warrior
The ground pound is unblockable. How does the overhead being a mid affect these at all?
As @Kiss the Missile said, if you crouch block the ground pound it just knocks down but if you're standing it launches, so the idea is to time an overhead and the ground pound at the same time. Jax HTB is tricky to set up because the overhead needs to launch, since the ground pound will also knock down if they're in block/hitstun. And you need to avoid getting hit by the ground pound yourself.

Takeda's Swift Stride overhead could get him out the blast radius so it seemed like a good set up. Here's what I was thinking prior to the nerf:

The correct thing to do here was crouch block the ground pound to avoid the launch. But if I were to call Jax a few frames later (and if Swift Stride was still an overhead), the correct thing to do would be to stand block the overhead.