What's new

MK Trilogy PC Mod

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It seems ppl are getting tired of losing to classic characters such as MK2 Kung Lao, AKA kung Broken.

I'm creating this thread asking if it exists a moded version of PC MK Trilogy, and who is modding it, we angolans love this version but MK2 KL and all the classics are killing it with their damage output.

The idea was to make some slight modifications, like xclaling the classic's damage to be like everybody else, and maybe see if there is something else to be fixed.

If there isn't any, i'm afraid the game might temporary die...

nwo

Noob
Here's a playthrough I did in MK Trilogy PC version. The sound has static because I recorded it too loud. Apparently the PC version has network play, I'd like to try that out sometime. I haven't figured out how to get the background music working yet.

I put a "gift" in the video description.

Patch for Windows XP / Vista / Win7:
http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/mkt/index.htm

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Here's a playthrough I did in MK Trilogy PC version. The sound has static because I recorded it too loud. Apparently the PC version has network play, I'd like to try that out sometime. I haven't figured out how to get the background music working yet.

I put a "gift" in the video description.

Patch for Windows XP / Vista / Win7:
http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/mkt/index.htm
That doesn't 'have sound (music) because its proablly a rip of only the actual data files for the game. I have a full verison i just founded recently but i am having issues getting the disc to read. The audio is not included in much of the rips of the game online because the audio is CDDA format which takes up more data. At the time this game ripped/put online a CD was 650 mbs - 700mb's and the audio for trilogy took up like 500 mb's. Back in those days we had dial up hehe so people ripped the audio out of the game. I have a fixed verison where the music is in it and it is the right speed unlike the PS1 trilogy which the music was kind of slow. I still perfer the N64 trilogy to this verison and I am very happy that is the verison being used at least in NYC.

I will try to run it again tonight on my pc when i have a moment and get back to you. @AK/RM GamerBlake if this works i will let u know. Sorry i havent gotten back to you lately in regards to it (i just found it Thursday).

nwo

Noob
For Windows 7 I had to create a folder called MK_Tril in the Program files directory, I extracted the first file into that folder, then I installed the patch into that same exact location.

I was glad I found this patch a while back - got it working on windows 7. I got the music working WITH round announcements, but the music continues to play after the round is over, and if you perform a fatality, the rest of the game you'll hear random blips of the fatality music.

Edit: and oh sweet giminy I forgot how parts of that game drove me absolutely nuts. How certain projectiles/containment work on motaro and some don't. Containment on bosses (spear especially) doesn't last near as long. MK2 announcer for the names, and MK3 announcer for flawless/*-alities? I know it's the same guy but it's a totally different sound.