What's new

MK software upgrades

If anyone wants rom upgrade kits for MK1, MK2 and MK3 boards I can make them. Probably MK4 as well but I would have to do some research on those first. I'll do friend prices for people here, much better than you could find on eBay. I have some kits already made for Turbo 3.1 (Y-Unit) and Turbo Ninja (T-Unit). I could also upgrade boards to their latest official revision, etc. Just let me know what you want and what you think is a good price for them.

I'm just talking about upgrade kits, like the main program roms (2), or if someone has bad roms I could make a couple of replacements. I don't have enough 27C801s to sell off a full rom set of UMK3 if that's what you're asking for. Plus that would start to cross over a legality line selling a copy of a complete software. Helping someone replace bad chips to revive a board or upgrade to the most bug-free version of a game is a different story.

Smitdogg said:
If anyone wants rom upgrade kits for MK1, MK2 and MK3 boards I can make them. Probably MK4 as well but I would have to do some research on those first. I'll do friend prices for people here, much better than you could find on eBay. I have some kits already made for Turbo 3.1 (Y-Unit) and Turbo Ninja (T-Unit). I could also upgrade boards to their latest official revision, etc. Just let me know what you want and what you think is a good price for them.
Im sure you can do mk4, i believe you made a set of 3.0 roms for me as well as others :)

bulldawg said:
Im sure you can do mk4, i believe you made a set of 3.0 roms for me as well as others :)
Those were chips you supplied though. I can burn them no problem if someone supplies their own roms. I'm talking about burning stuff from my spare chips.

Edit: Also what I was talking about with MK4, if I remember correctly they did some funky changes in the revisions. Or at least, I think revising a rev 1 to rev 3 might get hairy.

iammud

Noob
Can you get an original mk2 3.1 romset? That's all I'm looking for.

*edit - oops didn't notice how old this thread was.

I got a your reply in my e-mail... If you have the roms that need to be erased and reprogrammed you can just send them to me with money to cover return postage (not sure where you are). If you need chips from me we can work something out. I don't have an MK2 board here so I don't know off the top of my head the chip type of the program roms so you'd need to let me know and I can check my stash in that case. Send me a PM if you want.