What's new

MK fanart by ULTRA VD is headlining a Pixologic contest on Facebook

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
its definitely awesome but the bots are a bit bulky for me, too gears of war/crysis and not enough UMK3 skinnybot

shaowebb

Skinny bot, bulky bot... whatever.

Thing that got me is how well detailed these were in their models. I'd love to see what he would do for Shao Khan or Baraka.

I'd love to see them doing models for MK10 if at all possible. As good as some things were in that game (especially environments) some of the models were really suspect and I'd like to see stuff more along the level of Ultra VD's modeling than another model like Liu Kang had.

I know Ultra VD has a higher poly model going on for his Sektor/Cyrax, but you can tell he's got the chops to make some amazing stuff. Map that stuff to a lower subdivision of the models and send all them maps over with that to get rigged so I can play it in MK1o :)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
its definitely awesome but the bots are a bit bulky for me, too gears of war/crysis and not enough UMK3 skinnybot
Nostalgia....

If the UMK3 costumes looked like the MK9 Sektor/Cyrax, and vice versa- everyone in MK9 online would be using a very different "classic" skin for Sektor/Cyrax :p

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Nostalgia....

If the UMK3 costumes looked like the MK9 Sektor/Cyrax, and vice versa- everyone in MK9 online would be using a very different "classic" skin for Sektor/Cyrax :p

you say that like that isn't my argument. i want them more like the original because the original is the most iconic to me as i grew up with it. those sprites are a huge part of what made MK back in the day and the designs are cherished i guess.

shaowebb

You have no idea what you are talking about. Beneteau is highly capable of doing something like this. They both produce great work so I wouldn't put one over the other.
I could see it honestly after viewing the high res models for Cyblax the other day after posting this. I was very impressed. Sadly though the low poly models that they skinned a LOT of their high poly work to wasn't structured very well. It kind of looks like an issue where someone may have started at too high an initial poly count on some of the models then had to nip tuck forever on the lower poly models to get them functional. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. Not certain what happened to the textures on Liu Kang though...he almost appears like he was their first character and they got better as they continued on making the cast.

Oh well, however it went down I'd be down for UltraVD to join the NRS team. This stuff of his is awesome.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
You have no idea what you are talking about. Beneteau is highly capable of doing something like this. They both produce great work so I wouldn't put one over the other.
Thats y we get this shitty looking injustice n mk chars with shitty animations lol.

BlaqandMild15

Apprentice
I could see it honestly after viewing the high res models for Cyblax the other day after posting this. I was very impressed. Sadly though the low poly models that they skinned a LOT of their high poly work to wasn't structured very well. It kind of looks like an issue where someone may have started at too high an initial poly count on some of the models then had to nip tuck forever on the lower poly models to get them functional. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. Not certain what happened to the textures on Liu Kang though...he almost appears like he was their first character and they got better as they continued on making the cast.

Oh well, however it went down I'd be down for UltraVD to join the NRS team. This stuff of his is awesome.
Yea I always thought liu kang looked weird. And I emailed Beneteau a while back and he said that he always look back at his past work and noticed things that he would do differently now. All artist do that. I don't doubt Ultra VD at all because he has proven that he can produce professional quality work. All Im saying that your not helping him out by nitpicking at the current talent that NRS have to make room for new talent. He needs to put together a demo reel and apply also. It's good that you are doing this and I believe that if you do something like this you have to be as professional as you can about it by not bringing up the past work NRS have done and comparing it to UltraVD current work. With all that aside, I wish him the best of luck.