What's new

MK Classics - Tournaments are Returning

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hi folks. I've come back after some time off and am reaching out to gauge interest in restarting the online tournament scene.

We've had a lot of success in the past; but near the end things died out due to what I perceived as supersaturation. In other words, we tried to do too many tournaments in too short a time frame. What we will be doing now is going back to what worked best in the prime of CMK/TYM. Tournaments will be going back to a seasonal format; being run four times a year or once per season. We will run them for both MK2 and UMK3.

It is still uncertain as to which platforms/systems they will be run on. It depends on which system has the most support. MK2 has its roots on PSN whereas UMK3 began on XBL. I would probably start off by doing them on those systems unless there are any objections. Once I figure out how much interest there is currently, I will look into creating threads for the tournaments. Please post and let me know your thoughts.

Calling @btbb99, @MIKECALDWELL, @mortal_jason, @AREZ God of War, @dookiebrain, @gamemk, @ZAQ, @CUKO28, @Kensidj, @Gematria, @ten-peace-show, @Billy_Bats1427, @Wario7414

Espio

Kokomo
If this takes off, sign me up for UMK3, I never really learned UMK3, but I'd love to play higher tier Stryker and Jade lol.

On PSN by the way.

Welcome back DCIguy. You know I'm up for whatever. I do like the seasonal schedule. I'm on both systems, but I don't have the og umk3. Other than that I'm good to go.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Welcome back DCIguy. You know I'm up for whatever. I do like the seasonal schedule. I'm on both systems, but I don't have the og umk3. Other than that I'm good to go.
That brings up a good point. The default requirement for any tournament will be MKAK. If both players have the OG MK2 on PSN or '06 UMK3 for XBL then they can mutually agree to play on that version. It wouldn't be fair to require a newer player who may not have had access to those games to play on the older versions of the game.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kaillera is the best for UMK3 but I have also a 360.
Kaillera is best for everything, but to make things easily accessible for the highest number of people we're leaving it as 360/PS3

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
In the coming days, you will see threads in the appropriate sections regarding the tournaments. For the time being, MK2 will be run on PSN and UMK3 will run on XBL. If somebody would be willing to assist me in running it, we could easily run both games on both systems.

nwo

Noob
I don't own any gaming consoles, so I guess I'm out, but I'll tell Barracuda about this. He has a 360.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Threads posted. For the time being, they will be run on PS3 only since that is the system I own and I if I ever decide to enter them as a competitor it would be a possibility. If people want these to be run on XBL, someone else will have to volunteer.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
well i meant vs the usa guys but what you said is also very interesting :)
There's no way to feasibly pull that off without severe lag unless we do it on Kaillera P2P. For the sake of simplicity, I want to limit it to consoles.

I'd participate but for me it would have to be on the arcade kollection on xbl. I would play on kaillera but i suck on a keyboard and am much better with a controller. I wish i had the 06 umk3 for xbl but unfortunately all i have is the kollection.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'd participate but for me it would have to be on the arcade kollection on xbl. I would play on kaillera but i suck on a keyboard and am much better with a controller. I wish i had the 06 umk3 for xbl but unfortunately all i have is the kollection.
I've no objections to running an XBL tourney, but I'll need someone else to assist since I don't have an Xbox360.

I'd happily help out with that, as well as try to recruit some people to join in. Hopefully we could try to set something up.

Hi guys,

Are players from EU really banned? If so, I'd be a part of an EU tournament on kaillera whenever!
Just installing the all shit again.
Keep me informed!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hi guys,

Are players from EU really banned? If so, I'd be a part of an EU tournament on kaillera whenever!
Just installing the all shit again.
Keep me informed!
Due to lag concerns, unfortunately yes. I am happy to run a tourney for EU players provided we have enough interest.