What's new

MK 2D/3D...4D

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I'm in a bitter mood today, which may impact my writing style.
Laugh, argue, whatever, I am a fan of 3D MK progression and simply don't care.
Having 3d side step on the right analogue stick was amazing because it allowed another aspect for reflexes and mind games.

What if a future MK game is 3D again, but is made to perfection - 10 out of 10 meta critic scores. People will still moan because it's 3D. 3D game play allows me to side step projectiles and adds another option move after being grounded. That's all. Yet everyone moans about 3D. I'm not talking about exploits that break the game code which everyone uses to win. Why? These same people are the ones who camp and do fireball all day long. Then they moan about 3D hitboxes in a 2.5D game.

I'm sick of people saying that the 3D era of MK was crap. It was not.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
theres nothing good about 3d fighters i dont even think a 3d MK could be considered perfect , sidestepping all the teleports divekicks and projectiles kinda takes the sting off

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
As much as I got my start on 3D MK, I do hope you are joking.
I feel like the Deadly Alliance engine was a great concept, it just should be used for an entirely different IP.

Doubt that'll ever happen though, because LBSH, it's looking more and more like 3D fighters were essentially a fad. And I say this as a Tekken enthusiast myself.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah completely joking.
@TaffyMeat feel free to go back and read that one thread where Somberness and REO were looking at the frame data for the 3D games.
I think that will cut out anything that resembles an opinion on how good they were as competitive games and just lay it out for you.

The 3D games were fun though. And there's nothing wrong with having some fun while playing video games.
Lolololol Flash with a 1f spin. Golden.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yeah completely joking.
@TaffyMeat feel free to go back and read that one thread where Somberness and REO were looking at the frame data for the 3D games.
I think that will cut out anything that resembles an opinion on how good they were as competitive games and just lay it out for you.

The 3D games were fun though. And there's nothing wrong with having some fun while playing video games.
I would be completely happy to have another 3d mk game that was not on the competitive scene. Because I love mk more than competition

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I hope they keep it 2D with graphics just like MK9 but updated. 3D at the time was ok like MK4 was ok, I own MKD and MKA I liked it too but It just didnt feel like traditional MK to me.