What's new

Tech - Special Forces Missile Combo plus Hardblockable Setup

Jolt

Uprise
Interesting. I've been doing something similar. However, instead of using b2 I just go from homing missile into 12 12 and get another couple 12s in before throwing. Admittedly, I can't remember what the damage is but execution is easy as pie. Yours is probably more optimized honestly lol. Personally, I wouldn't go as far as considering that hard to block, but it will definitely catch some people off guard and is definitely a mixup.

Good find!

One thing I've noticed is that ALL drone attacks actually (SEEM TO) take the same startup animation time. I didn't realize that before (just got back into Sonya/Special Forces). So any time you can park the drone and continue combo (11 xPark 11 for example), you could also do 11 homing missile 12 or 11 explosion (anti-air or low) 12

I know the above statement isn't specifically related to your tech, but is worth noting for other people who will come into this thread.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed I missed a bit of nuance! The b1 into EX arc kick is pretty nice. I was wondering how you completed the combo from drone b1 lol. Definitely counts as an unexpected low option.

Last edited:

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Interesting. I've been doing something similar. However, instead of using b2 I just go from homing missile into 12 12 and get another couple 12s in before throwing. Admittedly, I can't remember what the damage is but execution is easy as pie. Yours is probably more optimized honestly lol. Personally, I wouldn't go as far as considering that hard to block, but it will definitely catch some people off guard and is definitely a mixup.

Good find!

One thing I've noticed is that ALL drone attacks actually (SEEM TO) take the same startup animation time. I didn't realize that before (just got back into Sonya/Special Forces). So any time you can park the drone and continue combo (11 xPark 11 for example), you could also do 11 homing missile 12 or 11 explosion (anti-air or low) 12

I know the above statement isn't specifically related to your tech, but is worth noting for other people who will come into this thread.
Interesting I tried to combo missile with other strings but wasn't able to maybe I wasn't hitting it perfectly I'll give it another try

And yeah if you don't do the arc kick after low drone b2 u can't combo much after it

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Whoa. I did NOT know you could input 1 before the B2 punch. ::mind blown::

Does that work in the corner only?

Jolt

Uprise
Whoa. I did NOT know you could input 1 before the B2 punch. ::mind blown::

Does that work in the corner only?
Midscreen should work on b332 but NOT b14

To be fair, I only know FOR SURE that you can do b332 BLK+2 12 and it will combo. I haven't tried 1 b2 midscreen

Looking at this setup again, wouldn't it be more effective (as in use less meter) to just end the first combo in 124 and just go into another mixup? Drone stays up either way and it doesn't give them the chance to tech the throw.