What's new

milestone(s) of fighting games

mamasau

Noob
Which titles do you suggest to be played at least once time?
I don't mean which ones is better than another between different titles but it's possible to compare games from the same franchise.

Many times happens to add a feature that drastically changes the gameplay, in better or worse.
The balancing factor is important but also the funny part!

I read around that sf:3rd strike is a must have between the sf series; same for guilty gear x2 reloaded because is well balanced instead of the following guilty gear.

Kof, anyone?

mk2 and umk3 are surely a must.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
SF Alpha 2 is the best game in the series. My pick for best fighter ever period. After that its SSF2T or 3. SF4 is just aight compared to those.

MK2 is the best of the early MK as far as atmosphere and look, the gameplay was a bit overrated. MK9 is the best MK.

KoF is just a SF clone, nothin to see here. I did like kof97 tho. im prob being to hard on the series.

3d fighters, Soul calibur and tekken tag 2 prob represent the best. Id also say A DoA game in there somewhere can argue for a top 2 spot as well.

The capcom VS games are their own beast, prob mvc2 would be the top pick, I never played 3 tho.

Just my opinions, come at me breaux.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
SSBM
Tekken 2
Street fighter third strike
Mvc2

Definitely strong fighting games all in their own respect. Also, have been played competitive for well over a decade.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Tekken Tag Tournament
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken 5 DR

Bronson

Noob
Should all be played at least once.
KOF 96, 97, 2001, 2002,
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Virtual Fighter 4
Soul Edge
Soul Caliber 2
Bushido Blade 2 (Most unique fighting game I have ever played)
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 (I just remember this being awesome....but I was a kid)
Blood Roar 2
Last Blade
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Battle Fantasia
1st Blazblue
Guilty Gear X2 Reload
Capcom VS SNK
SNK VS Capcom (Yes they are different games)
SF2 Turbo
UMK3
Tekken 3
DOA 3
Divekick (Just for shits)