What's new

Mileena vs X character tips.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Sub Zero: Remember that her ground sai can hit him when he slides. Also if he has X ray and looks like he wants to use it, you're better off getting real close in and pressuring him, alternating with d3s. Constant d3 stop his xray immediately. Wastes their 3 bars, and makes them rage.

Rickyraws

I actually thought of her as a counter to him as her roll goes through for quick combos whenever he tries to acid ball.....NEVER AGAIN!

Rickyraws

Also zero, wnaa get some mileena matches in sometimes? Wanna see how mine stacks against yours. We could also tag battle to both have mileena sparring while still battling for fun :)

cyke_out

Noob
Never played a reptile offline, but online Reptile vs Mileena is 10-0 for Reptile. That is all.
Again, just quoting the match-up thread, people are saying mileena/Reptile is 6-4, maybe even 7-3 in mileena's favor, of course you said on-line where his dash is almost impossible to punish, so you may have a point.

Also zero, wnaa get some mileena matches in sometimes? Wanna see how mine stacks against yours. We could also tag battle to both have mileena sparring while still battling for fun :)
Yeah sure, send a friend request on PSN. Just say who you are in the message and I'll add you.

Again, just quoting the match-up thread, people are saying mileena/Reptile is 6-4, maybe even 7-3 in mileena's favor, of course you said on-line where his dash is almost impossible to punish, so you may have a point.
Yes I mean online. Offline I can't see how it's worse than 5/5 for Reptile. She can't zone him forever and one blocked special = Reptile closing the damage gap. Roll doesn't always beat force ball by the way, if it did that'd be a whole different story.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Yeah sure, send a friend request on PSN. Just say who you are in the message and I'll add you.

Yes I mean online. Offline I can't see how it's worse than 5/5 for Reptile. She can't zone him forever and one blocked special = Reptile closing the damage gap. Roll doesn't always beat force ball by the way, if it did that'd be a whole different story.
Online reptile usually goes like this for me.

1. ...blocked elbow dash???
2. GREAT TIME TO PUNISH!!!
3. Get elbow dashed again.
4. Outplayed.

cyke_out

Noob
haha.

although elbow dash doesn't hit air borne opponents, so after blocking the first dash, do u+4 and he'll dash harmlessly to the other side of you.

Rickyraws

Online, reptile is unpunishable. Like most criminals with hard evidence against them once they actually go into court.

Rickyraws

Nice, there was a high ranked Kung lao player that tore me a new one in a kung lao mirror match (Who else is a counter to him than himself?) I chose mileena and ended up tearing HIM a new one. Here's all I have to say for beating Kung Lao (a really good one)

1. Though he won't do so mundlessly, watch for the spin. He won't wake up spin if you aren't close, so once you knock him down, quickly dash towards him then STOP AND BLOCK!
Punish with a full combo, or U4 U4 starter, as if he recovers in time, he may crouch block

2. Bait the teleport. Watch him move when he's far away, and always anticipate it. Punish with uppercut to get him to think twice. This limits one of his options

3. Ground hat. When he uses it repeatedly, quickly teleport kick. If you don't do that a lot during the match, it's bound to catch him off guard.

4. Pray to God.