What's new

Mileena tips?

B3 ground sai is NOT safe... at all.

Mileena is not a bad matchup for Cyrax.

Her mixup is extremely slow and can be fuzzy guarded.

She's only a mindfuck for people who don't know what she can do and / or don't know how to block properly.

B3 should always be used by itself, with B4 followup, or with EN roll followup for mixups. If they block B3, they'll be in crouch. So a ground sai can be beaten out by an uppercut.

I'm starting to think Mileena does give Cyrax problems. What does he have tool wise to counter her? Seems like as long as she doesn't trade with a net she's always at the advantage due to keepout.

Her mixup off of blocked jump in punch is pretty great actually. She has U4, B3~roll, B3, B4 and B3~EN roll. Or she can just throw or use a canned string for block pressure. She can also use these mixups after telekick on hit, as well as F3 on hit. Fuzzy guarding her is harder than most think.

Cyrax can throw out nets to keep her at range. punishing a net with a telekick actually has a much smaller window than people realize. Trying to do this can get you air grabbed before you hit him... and air grab also has priority over EN telekick.

Cyrax's D1 and D3 are faster than D4 and can be linked into ragdoll.

The mixup comes into play in the event that you've gotten in on him, and you can hit a cyrax player trying to poke into ragdoll with a U4, but his pokes will hit your B3.

However, I've found that enhanced ragdoll has priority over U4.

He's got plenty of tools to counter her. I'd say it's a 5:5 at best for mileena.

Play against KTHNoob's Cyrax as Mileena. You'll be able to see what I mean.

the problem with the tele kick is that u wont rreally know if the enemy will block it or not so for the lesser risk u throw sai and after that u cant do anything
cuz if u just wait for enemy not blocking it u can end up sustaining a much bigger combo than u would actually might do if the coin flips good for u.

the biiggest problem of mileena is that she cannot turn games only if she risks a lot relatively.
other big problem for me that d+3 has no distance at all so u must be really close to the enemy to start a combo with it.
and she is realitvely not realtively i would say IS slow on starting any move.

at least these are the main problems for me playing her. but i am still winning many 1500+1600+ guys so guess i can be better (=

Cyrax can throw out nets to keep her at range. punishing a net with a telekick actually has a much smaller window than people realize. Trying to do this can get you air grabbed before you hit him... and air grab also has priority over EN telekick.

Cyrax's D1 and D3 are faster than D4 and can be linked into ragdoll.

The mixup comes into play in the event that you've gotten in on him, and you can hit a cyrax player trying to poke into ragdoll with a U4, but his pokes will hit your B3.

However, I've found that enhanced ragdoll has priority over U4.

He's got plenty of tools to counter her. I'd say it's a 5:5 at best for mileena.

Play against KTHNoob's Cyrax as Mileena. You'll be able to see what I mean.
I've played vVv Krayzie's Cyrax... does that count?

But in all seriousness, it seems like he needs to punish her to beat her, but without it he can't really scare her. Cyrax is still a stronger character overall, but in this particular matchup, Mileena plays like she's playing Sub Zero or Reptile. Zone zone zone, react to teleport and get outta there. basically a hit and run style.

The window isn't super huge, but you can still telekick over net, so that's what i base it on. (if the player mistimes it, it's their fault not the matchup). And every character has pokes faster than Mil's D4, but they generally don't have the range. As long as she spaces right, I don't see how he has the edge. I guess I could see it being 5/5 in the end just cause he's a much better/more damaging character. But tool wise, he can't shut anything of hers down when played at the range she wants to be in.