What's new

Mileena problems...

Theme

Noob
Is it just me, or is Mileena so god damn hard? U4, U4, B1, 4, 4, Roll.

That 4 into Roll is so god damn inconsistent for me. I'm not a noob (IMO) and I can do a lot of combos with just a few minutes of practice, even advanced ones I could master pretty easily... Now for Mileena, for some reason, its so inconsistent for me. If I do the kick, 4, I usually will not be able to get out the roll which is quite irritating. Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried to substitute 3 instead of 4 but its just as bad sometimes.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Is it just me, or is Mileena so god damn hard? U4, U4, B1, 4, 4, Roll.

That 4 into Roll is so god damn inconsistent for me. I'm not a noob (IMO) and I can do a lot of combos with just a few minutes of practice, even advanced ones I could master pretty easily... Now for Mileena, for some reason, its so inconsistent for me. If I do the kick, 4, I usually will not be able to get out the roll which is quite irritating. Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried to substitute 3 instead of 4 but its just as bad sometimes.
Yeah, it's a little tricky to get the hang of, but thankfully not as hard as the max damage combo Mileena has or some of the other characters combos.

Standing 4 xx Ball Roll needs to be buffered. There isn't really any point after hitting B+1,4 that you can really stop to think about the combo. It's actually quite a mechanical process and a couple hours each week in training mode will definitely alleviate the problem.

Alternatively, you can dash forward after B+1,4 and do 1,1,2 xx Ball Roll for similar damage. You may find that combo more up you alley ( I use 1,1,2 for reasons outside of damage). Give that a try.

You can still set up telekicks with the other combo by delaying it slightly after B14. In my opinion, The only reason to use 4~roll vs 112~roll, is that 112 gives the opponent slightly more meter to break, due to more hits.

worthless to play with mileena. she is weak after the enemy knows how to deal her. her combos are relatively low damage and her standard moves are damn slow. defiantely cant be a hard match for a good KL,Raiden,Johnny C,Scorpion,Smoke,Kabal, basically all he rushers just break through her

worthless to play with mileena. she is weak after the enemy knows how to deal her. her combos are relatively low damage and her standard moves are damn slow. defiantely cant be a hard match for a good KL,Raiden,Johnny C,Scorpion,Smoke,Kabal, basically all he rushers just break through her
Your totally right, a character considered top 10 by many stands no chance against any character and is bottom tier. Thank you for shedding light onto the delusional mileena players, who should all be forced to main reptile.

In refference to the thread, the guy who suggested using negative edge has the right idea, that seems to be the easiest

redeyes

Button Masher
deal with her? you mean deal with her zoneing and if you try to jump you get AA telekicked to a 20% reset? or her extremely annoying d4 poke? or her mix ups? yea shes so easy to deal with....

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Corruptsouls, MM me ft5 however much money and lemme know how you feel about Mileena after?

CorruptSouls is obviously going too far with his anaylsis. But in all honesty, he has a point about her being simple to figure out compared to most of the cast. (or at least the top tiers.)

It's like I've been saying from the beginning, don't let her scare you into making dumb decisions. She doesn't exactly have the safest options for getting damage. She's a great character, but barely top 10. (and I'm not even sure of that anymore). I think she's overrated by a lot of "top names" and other chars, like Sektor for example, are highly underrated.

i am not saying she is bottom tier. but i tell you on a similar skill level quite a few characters have easier time to defeat her then the opposite.